Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Get help on technical issues / improve my technical skills
Learn more about the business side of freelancing
Stay up to date on what is happening in the language industry
Help or teach others with what I have learned over the years
Improve my productivity
* Language pair: German to English (UK and US). Native speaker.
* Years of experience: 10+ as a freelancer, a language service agency in-house translator, as well as in-house corporate translation
* Advanced degree in source language (magna cum laude). Member of the American Translator Association, the ATA German Language Division, the ATA Law Division, and the Nevada Interpreters and Translators Association.
* Areas of specialization: texts for publication (articles, press releases), contracts and other legal texts, corporate communication, creative marketing, and websites
* CAT tools: MemoQ (my in-house style guides are CMS and the Oxford Style Manual unless otherwise specified by the client)
* Translation, transcreation, and localization (DE to EN), proofreading, editing and copywriting (EN)
* Lived and worked for over 20 years in German-speaking countries
* Already working successfully with translation agencies in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria and am used to rigorous proofreading and working with teams in a structured system.
I have direct in-house employment experience in a large Austrian translation agency, where I was employed in the senior translation team for texts from German to English (UK and US) with an emphasis on official texts for federal ministries and the Austrian Economic Chamber, pharmaceutical texts, contracts and legal documentation, sensitive corporate communication and high-profile websites, film documentary text translations, advertising, and PR and marketing texts.
Working directly for a language service agency reinforced my skills in ensuring that terminology usage is absolutely consistent throughout all documents for a single company, terminology research is fastidious, the proofreading and editing phases are stringent and meticulous, and all texts are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
100% of my work is done remotely for clients in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland including translation agencies as well as international companies and organizations, publishing houses, major universities, European-based international law firms, and collection agencies.
Currently, typical translation texts include documents concerning court proceedings, texts related to the GDPR, contracts for the regulation of business relations, expert opinions, sensitive business documents, general terms and conditions, data protection policies, confidentiality agreements, directives, contracts, legal correspondence, and other legal documents (including the field of art and copyright), press releases, corporate communication, business reports, advertising, technical documentation, marketing and PR texts, release notes, IT handbooks, product descriptions, website translation, newspaper, magazine, and blog articles for US and international press, trade fair and event documentation, newsletters, corporate training manuscripts and presentations, and much more.
Prior to becoming a full-time translator, I worked in the legal department of IKEA East Central Europe as well as in a large international Viennese law firm.
Deadlines are my alpha and omega – I have never missed one and always aim to deliver quality work ahead of time.
You can find customer reviews and recommendations as well as further information on my website (deu2eng.com) and LinkedIn profile.