Source text - English Low Strength Threadlocker PURPLE is a low strength anaerobic threadlocking material, which cures between engaged threads to form a unitized assembly that helps resist leakage, shock and vibration. The product is a single component, anaerobic liquid which cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. Ideal for all nut and bolt fasteners under 1/4 inch. Excellent chemical resistance and a temperature resistance range of -54°C to +149°C (-65°F to +300°F). Easily removable with hand tools for servicing requirements. Low Strength Threadlocker PURPLE meets or exceeds the requirements of Military Specification Mil-S-46163A Type II, Grade M. NSF White Book registered.
Translation - Portuguese O Trava Roscas de Baixo Torque PURPLE é um líquido anaeróbico para travamento de roscas, que polimeriza (cura) na folga entre as partes em contato, criando um montagem unificada que resiste a vazamentos, choques e vibrações. O produto é um composto único que cura na ausência de ar entre as superfícies dos metais conectados. Ideal para travar roscas e parafusos até ¼ polegadas (~5,6 mm). Alta resistência química com variação de temperatura de 54o C a +149o C. Em caso de desmontagem, pode ser removido facilmente com ferramentas manuais.
. O Adesivo de Travamento PURPLE está de acordo ou excede as normas da Especificação Militar Mil -S-46163A Tipo II, Classe M. Registrado na NSF (Orgão de fiscalização e controle sanitário dos Estados Unidos).
University of Brasilia, UnB, Brasilia, DF, Brazil January, 2000 – June, 2005
B.A. in Translation (English ↔ Portuguese)
Relevant Courses: English ↔ Portuguese translation in the following areas (Technical-Scientific, Literature, General, Economics, Law), Translation Theory, Oral and Written English, Linguistics.
Selected Projects: Conducted and presented translation (incl. theory and methodology) of a futures/forecast documents issued by Consumer Electronics Industry.
Technical-scientific, mechanical/machines & tools, IT, industrial/marketing and medical texts
PREVIOUS WORKS (Selected projects):
Science and Technology:
• Translation of the document "Industrial Processes" (Processos Industriais) into Brazilian Portuguese for the Interministerial Commission on Global Climate Change in the Ministry of Science and Technology. Brasília DF, Brazil. April - May, 2002
• Translation of collections of terms from various sources into Brazilian Portuguese. The subject material varies greatly. It includes, but is not limited to, agriculture, sports, chemistry, geography, military, pop culture, etc. February - June, 2006
Machinery and Tools/Mechanical/Software
• W.O.S Operator Manuals.
• Combine Operator Manual.
• Manual OEM Diesel Engines-Base Engine.
• Cotton Picker Machine Assembly - Predelivery Instructions.
• Grading Calculation Sheet, Instructors Guide, Participants Guide, Participants Electronic Comp Add, Engine Sensors, Master Pretest-Posttest.
• Tractor Service Record Book.
• TA guide to edging lenses made with Trivex material using older edging machines.
• Sleep System MotionOne & Pwr Series.
• SpoolCenter - Sales Guide.
• NX CAM Express - Advanced software for advanced machine tools.
• Test & Measurement Device (Software Strings).
• Welding Engineering: Welding Computer Based Training.
• Product Information for Gas-Loaded Hydraulic Accumulators.
• Supply Chain Management Tools & Processes.
• TSO Solution Overview.
• Custom-fit Shimano Shoes.
• eDesk Training Tutorial.
• Material Safety Data Sheet.
• Quality Control Booklet.
• Scope Work Agreement.
• Managing Associates.
• Global Market Analysis from International Personal Banking.
• Statement of Credit Denial, Termination or Change.
• Selling Avocent Enterprise Solutions.
• Summaries of the pertinent IARC Monographs (Vol 68, 1997; Vol 81, 2002) on cancer in humans.
• HIV Medications: Modified SATS Adherence Questionnaire; Informed Consent.
• Brochure information: Hydrophilic Guidewires, Radiology Angiography Packs, Cardiac Catheters, Temporary Pacing. Packs, Cardiology Angiography Packs, Permanent Pacing Packs.
• Gambro Spectra Optia Apheresis System.
• Human Genoma Sciences, Inc. Clinical Protocol: Phase 3, Randomized, Multi-Center Study.
• Heathcare Pulse Oximeter User's manual.
• Precision Implantable Pulse Generator
• Clinical Images CT softwares User Guide.
• Imaging: Terarecon Workstation User Manual 3.6.
• Millennium Vertical Scissors Tip User Instructions.
• Power Point Presentation: Cytomegalovirus a Multitalented Virus.
• Hotels Guest Satisfaction Survey.
Petrobras Institutional Video.
University of Brasilia, UnB, Brasilia, DF, Brazil April, 2003
1st Translation Conference of the University of Brasilia. Learned new methods and techniques and acquired new tools for translation.
Die Presse, Brasília, DF, Brasil April, 2006
• Introduction workshop for simultaneous translation conducted by Die Presse in Brasília DF, Brasil.
Native Speaker of Portuguese (Brazilian).
Fluent in English, with 20 years of study/involvement with the language; familiar with its nuances and complexities, as well as extensive knowledge in vocabulary, written style and grammar.
Basic knowledge in Spanish.
Experience with German and French.
Experienced in Microsoft Windows 2000, ME and XP (Service Pack 2), Office 2003 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat 7.0. Good knowledge of hardware and software support, general internet tools (Mozzila Firefox, Internet Explorer, FTP) and html as well as proficient in security softwares (firewall, antivirus, anti spywares).
• Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.81 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 80GB HD
• Internet: 600kbps
• TRADOS 7.0, SDLX 2006, Wordfast, Transit
FIELDS OF INTEREST:
Translation, Subtitling, Localization, Electronics, Computers/Internet, Linguistics, Literature, Music and General Culture.
My blog: http://www.traducao.blogspot.com on which I write on anything I’ve been experiencing, reading or researching about translation.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.