JESSICA PETERSSON / MPHIL MA LLB MCIPD 2x Olympian
● German, Danish, Norwegian, into English (Native)
● Specialisms include legal, business, and marketing.
● Translated professionally since 1997. Fully registered
● Degrees in languages, law, politics, and CIPD chartered human resource management.
● Major projects experience, people and project management experience including remote teams
Diverse portfolio included legal, corporate, marketing, tourism, research, and construction.
Ongoing assignments for world-leading market research consultancies and projects for iconic brands. Translated major public contracts from hospital supplier agreements, construction, to railway infrastructure. On-call for urgent projects, recent projects include; providing 55,000-word translations in 7 days for Swiss courts taxation hearing, and urgent US Department of Justice projects. Translated on a 260 Billion Euro financial services legal case. Translated over a million words in the last 24 months.
Danish/English and German/English- recent assignments have included court hearings, market research, medical research, hospital liaison, HR, business and legal meetings.
Have experience as a Travelling/liaison interpreter for groups.
3. LEGAL SUPPORT
Paralegal/Translator assignments since 1998 in multiple languages. German, Danish, Norwegian into English. Recent assignments include; Paralegal/Translator (Norwegian), Clyde&Co LLP.
Oct 2020 - Jan 2021.
Work regularly on projects for world-leading research consultancies. I am highly analytical, completed multiple research degrees, use research and critical thinking skillset whether it is legal research as a paralegal, or in researching client information regarding localising translated information for a specific target audience, with an awareness of the practical aspects and consistency of messaging in the communication, while retaining the client voice and ethos. Long term collaboration with clients has saved clients from making mistakes. It's about offering more value for the client than just the accuracy of words.
● Law Degree LLB/German Law and Language Double Honours (UK and Germany)
● Political Science (Masters Degree, (USA)
● International Law (MPhil, New Zealand)
● Human Resource Management (CIPD Chartership, UK)
● CIPD: Workplace Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. (UK)
● Masters Thesis: International law and Native American Fishing Rights on the Snake River (USA)
● MPhil Thesis: Status and Trends Associated with Indigenous Communities Inland Water and the Development of Relevant International Law (NZ) https://researchcommons.waikato.ac.nz/handle/10289/2512
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY IN ADDITION TO TRANSLATION:
● Legal/HR background in multilingual environments. 10+ years:
● Lectured Law Internationally, subjects included; Contract, Tort, Private and Public International Law. 5+ years
● Human Resource professional in London. 5+ years.
● Managerial Performance Excellence- National Award from worlds largest employer.
● Best Individual Contribution to Diversity, Inclusion and Equality, London Olympic Site. Awarded by the Olympic Delivery Authority
● Variety of University Research awards, Sports Person and Scholar Awards.
● Member of The European Legal English Teacher's Association.
● A registered Legal English Training Centre TOLES.
● Chartered CIPD, Human Resource professional.
This page is just a summary of a 20-year career.
Please contact me for CV or regarding specific projects.