Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
An experienced, multi-skilled and reliable translator with a proven ability to translate written documents from a source language to a target language. 6 years of experience as a Freelance Translator, Proofreader and Linguist. Proficiency in Trados, Wordfast, WINZIP, Dragon. Based in Bratislava, Slovakia. Prior additional experience as a policy adviser in the UK Civil Service in the areas of international development, education, gambling, taxation and immigration.
• Translating and proofreading legal, academic and technical documentation including commercial contracts, witness statements, expert reports, academic publications, website content, exhibition materials, etc.
• Conducting face-to-face interpreting in Slovak, Czech and English languages at court hearings and various client meetings in the context of insurance, employment, family, medical, criminal and immigration law
• Researching legal & technical phraseology to ensure the correct translation is used
• Familiar with translation software tools
• Excellent writing skills and command of grammar
• In-depth knowledge of Slovak language and culture
• Meticulous attention to detail combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines
"Sami deserves full praise for the job he did and deserves to be at “the top of your list” when appointing linguists to future jobs. Very satisfied with his help and with the service provided." (Axa Insurance)
"Once again I must comment on the professionalism and skill of Sami Saidam, who had to deal with a very difficult long session yesterday, and all of us (client and lawyers) once again were very impressed with him." (Taylor&Emmet LLP)
Keywords: Slovak, legal, advertising, personal relations, media, gambling