Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a biophysicist with 15-year experience as a free-lance technical translator from English into Russian.
I specialize in biomedical translation in the following areas:
Pharmacology and Clinical studies, Medicine and Medical equipment, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Biology.
- M.Sc. in Biology (Human and Animal Physiology) from Moscow State University, 1965
- Ph.D. in Biophysics from Moscow State University, 1970
- Dr.Sc. in Biophysics from Moscow State University, 1990
- 15-years experience as a free-lance translator for the All-Russian Center of Scientific and Technical Translations (Medicine, Pharmacology, Medical equipment, Biotechnology, Food, Safety regulations, Technical standards, Business and legal documents); International Academic Publishing Company NAUKA (http://www.maik.rssi.ru/journals) (official English translation of Russian Journal of Plant Physiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences); a French translation agency (Medicine, Pharmacology, Clinical trials); and a number of Moscow agencies (Pharmacology, Clinical studies, Patents in biotechnology and medical equipment, Medical case histories and discharge letters, Environmental impact assessment).
- Extensive experience in scientific writing both in Russian and English (more than 100 publications), including articles for international journals, such as Bioph. et Biochim. Acta, Plant Physiol., Photosynth. Res., J. Quantum Chem., etc.
- Extensive working experience in biophysics (more than 30 years) as a senior research associate at Biology Department of the Moscow State University.
- Acquaintance with French, German, and Italian.
- I work with Microsoft Office 2007 on a computer Pentium Core2 Duo 2.53/4 Gb/300Gb/ADSL line 5 Mbit/s. Most of my work is done via e-mail.
I am capable of translating 2000 words a day.
My rates vary from $0.05 to $0.08 per source word, depending on job.