English to Russian
| Pavel Venediktov |
35 years in science & 15 in translation
Local time: 19:55 MSK (GMT+3)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|No feedback collected|
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-)|
| PRO-level points: 2835, Questions answered: 1071, Questions asked: 23 |
|Years of translation experience: 24. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 1999.|
|Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
| CV/Resume (DOC)English (DOC)|
| Pavel Venediktov endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
Pharmacology, Medicine, Biology, Chemistry
I am a biophysicist with 15-year experience as a free-lance technical translator from English into Russian.
I specialize in biomedical translation in the following areas:
Pharmacology and Clinical studies, Medicine and Medical equipment, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Biology.
- M.Sc. in Biology (Human and Animal Physiology) from Moscow State University, 1965
- Ph.D. in Biophysics from Moscow State University, 1970
- Dr.Sc. in Biophysics from Moscow State University, 1990
- 15-years experience as a free-lance translator for the All-Russian Center of Scientific and Technical Translations (Medicine, Pharmacology, Medical equipment, Biotechnology, Food, Safety regulations, Technical standards, Business and legal documents); International Academic Publishing Company NAUKA (http://www.maik.rssi.ru/journals) (official English translation of Russian Journal of Plant Physiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences); a French translation agency (Medicine, Pharmacology, Clinical trials); and a number of Moscow agencies (Pharmacology, Clinical studies, Patents in biotechnology and medical equipment, Medical case histories and discharge letters, Environmental impact assessment).
- Extensive experience in scientific writing both in Russian and English (more than 100 publications), including articles for international journals, such as Bioph. et Biochim. Acta, Plant Physiol., Photosynth. Res., J. Quantum Chem., etc.
- Extensive working experience in biophysics (more than 30 years) as a senior research associate at Biology Department of the Moscow State University.
- Acquaintance with French, German, and Italian.
- I work with Microsoft Office 2007 on a computer Pentium Core2 Duo 2.53/4 Gb/300Gb/ADSL line 5 Mbit/s. Most of my work is done via e-mail.
I am capable of translating 2000 words a day.
My rates vary from $0.05 to $0.08 per source word, depending on job.
Skype ID: pavelvenediktov
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
Keywords: pharmacology, фармакология, pharmaceutics, фармацевтика, clinical studes, клинические исследования, medicine, медицина, medical equipment, медицинская техника, biochemistry, биохимия, biophysics, биофизика
Profile last updated
May 21, 2015