advertising and direct marketing, arts, culinary
Translated from French into English the technical manual and contract for a major production line.
Interpreted during the negotiations with the French company.
Senior Translator for a direct marketing US corporation (7 years)
- Translation/Copy Writing. Generated from English into French: ads, brochures, catalogs, and reference or technical booklets. Products included die-cast replicas, artistic reproductions, dolls, jewelry, and coins. Wrote English copy for US catalogs.
- Editing/Proofreading. Redesigned existing layouts to accommodate language constraints. Implemented new proofreading standards. Reviewed bluelines.
- Coordination. Assisted design studio, R&D and marketing departments with projects specifically targeted towards France. Consulted with legal department on legal issues.
Editorial/Production Assistant for a French magazine (7 years)
- Journalism. Wrote columns reviewing collectibles, books, exhibitions and antique fairs.
- Creative. Drafted advertising projects for auctioneers, galleries, and collectors.
- Management. Launched and expanded the color section. Managed schedule and signatures. Supervised layout, typesetting, proofreading, and color matching. Liaised with suppliers.
- Software implementation and training. Formulated specifications and purchased computer network for the editorial room. Designed and oversaw development of a custom software. Trained colleagues in computer literacy.