The Meehan Group LLP and Kabushiki Kaisha Meehan Group are boutique consultancies with staffs trained in the fine art of language (diplomacy, documents translation, and conference, deposition and business meetings interpretation) at US, European and Japanese corporations and government, United Nations, and New York and Washington DC law firms.
Our founder, Andrew Migita-Meehan, AIIC member, established this group in 2003 in New York City. He is fully native in Japanese and English, born and reared in Japan until the age of 18, and a sworn translator, qualified by multiple US states and countries, and a conference and deposition interpreter trained by Wall Street and DC law firms, New York Federal Court's chief interpreter, state and international organizations, and at the oldest conference and broadcast interpretation schools in Tokyo and the prestigious University of Geneva Faculté de Traduction et d'Interprétation.
To discuss pricing, please contact email@example.com. We provide discounted rates to non-profit organizations, individuals, and clients with projects for a good and shared cause. All information that are discussed digitally and by hardcopy will be presumed confidential information unless noted otherwise.
Personal information including but not limited to curriculum vita are provided by formal request only to protect the privacy of personnel, and to curb solicitation by scammers and marketers who proffer large projects under a false guise.
Examples of meetings and congresses that we regularly support in their organization and proceedings are listed below. We recommend conference and deposition interpreters, documents translators, documents reviewers, minutes takers, and multilingual floor staff for a variety of events.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to be of service to you.
Managing Director & Principal Interpreter
*HEAD OFFICE (Tokyo)*
代表 Andrew MIGITA-MEEHAN（右田）拝
*US & EU OFFICES (New York, Dublin)*
THE MEEHAN GROUP LLP
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Winter Olympics in Sochi (2014) [CI/SI]
- Pre-trial hearings in Japan of Schindler Group for negligent homicide (2014) [CI]
- Games of the XXX Olympiad, London (2012) (& prior Olympics) [SI/CI]
- UBS LIBOR matter, Tokyo (2011-2012) [CI]
- Trials (pharmaceutics [Boston], wind turbine [Houston], memory card [San Jose]) (2012) [CI]
- Federal grand jury hearing relating to automotive matter, NYC (2012) [CI]
- Federal grand jury investigations of various matters (since 1998) [CI]
- BP Oil Spill Congressional Hearing & DOJ meetings in DC (2010~2011) [CI]
- Japan Patent Office (JPO), WIPO Fund-in-Trust Programme: IP Training Course for IP Trainers of ASEAN countries, Tokyo (FY13 annual contract) [CI]
- South African Embassy Japan, Memorial reception for Nelson Mandela (2013) [SI]
- Embassy of Algeria in Tokyo, Official reception on Algerian hostage crisis and killing of Japanese workers (2013) [SI]
- African Union (AU), Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) (2011~2013) [SI/CI]
- Symposium on abductions by North Korea (2011~2013) and other matters of Japanese Prime Minister’s Office [SI/CI]
- Tokyo Broadcast Station (TBS), President Obama’s and FBI’s press conferences on the Boston bombings (2013) [SI]