Japanese<>English translator and interpreter, freelancing since 1978. Past experience:
* translated legal documents such as summonses, charges, indictments, and evidential documents from Japanese into English and vice versa for U.S. District Court (Hawaii District), U.S. Attorney's Office (Hawaii District), and other U.S. States.
* Translated surveys, promotional literature, equipment usage guides, text for internet web sites, press releases, etc. from English into Japanese, and Japanese TV programs into English.
* Interpreted hearings, trials, etc. for State of Hawaii Judiciary, Federal District Court (Hawaii), and deposition hearings for private law firms in the U.S.A.
* B.A. in Japanese from U. of Hawaii in 1980
* Lived in Japan 1964-1967, 1980-1983
Rate sheet provided via e-mail upon request.