(Professional translator and linguist: have more than 30 years of experience)
Native language: Urdu
# 1576D, Block C, Sector B-17,
Telephone:(R) : +92512289395
Pair of languages
English<>Urdu, English<>Punjabi(West), English<> Seraiki
1. Master degree in Urdu Language and Literature.
2. Master degree in Political Science.
1.Completed a two years Translation course at Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation.
2.Attended 8 training sessions of an American company Avant Assessment and got company’s certification as Urdu and Punjabi linguist.
3.Completed a training course of National Foreign Language Center (NFLC) of University of Maryland about creation of online Urdu and West Punjabi learning lessons.
1. Worked in various Urdu Newspapers including a leading daily ‘JANG INTERNATIONAL’ as Translator and Sub Editor.
2. Joined General News Room of Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation as Urdu News Translator in 1985 and since then translated hundreds of millions of words from English into Urdu and Urdu into English. In 2003, I had been promoted as Urdu News Supervisor (Editor Urdu). At this job, I have to supervise work of 5 to 8 translators at a time daily.
3. Providing translation service to United States Information Service (USIS) in Pakistan for its monthly magazine Khabr-0-Nazar since 1993.
4. Providing the same service to United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) and various UN agencies in Pakistan.
5. Providing online translation service to various translation agencies based in USA, UK and Netherland.
6. Developed Urdu and Punjabi(Pakistani) courses for a US based Company ' Avant Assessment'
7. Providing services as Urdu and Punjabi language consultant to NFLC, Maryland University, USA.
List of translation assignments/Projects (English<>Urdu)
1. UNESCO’s monthly magazine ‘COURIER’, 12 issues (each issue contains 30 pages).
2. Practical Guide for Journalists by UNESCO (100 pages)
3. United Nations and Pakistan (A history of co-operation for humanity)(86 pages)
4. Women 2000: Gender Equality, Development and Peace (35 pages UN report)
5. Global Crises-Global Action (UN special session on HIV/AIDS 2001)(Medical)
6. The state of the world’s children 2002 ‘LEADERSHIP’ BY UNICEF (104 pages)
7. Water a vital source of life; published on International year of freshwater 2003(70 pages)
8. Right to Food; voluntary guidelines by FAO (30 pages)(Technical Translation)
9. Visual materials i.e. National Geographic films (about 20 films)
10. President’s and Prime Minister’s speeches for Pakistan Television Corporation.
11. A number of advertisements, brouchers, Legal documents, health, birth and marriage certificates etc.
13. Working as Urdu and West Punjabi Language consultant for National Foreign Language Center (NFLC) of University of Maryland.
14. Translated UN charter into Saraiki, which can be found on UN website.
15. Translated almost 7,000 words for a website of Canadian bank CIBC(Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce).
Quality of work
No need of re-check or proofread to the assignments, I complete, which is proof of my quality work.
Fields of specialty
I can translate matter of almost every field.
Softwares in my use are: SDL Trados, MS Word, MS Excel, Quarkxpress, Global Office,
In page, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat etc.
References can be provided on request.Some examples of references are: