I am an experienced bilingual translator / interpreter (mother tongues italian and english). I translate Italian and French into English, occasionally the other way round, and French into English. I interpret into and out of all three languages
Specialisations: medical, legal, business/financial.
Bi-lingual since childhood, grew up in both Italy and the UK, one italian one english parent.
Knowledge of financial/business vocabulary through several years of working in multilingual positions in investment banking.
Medical vocabulary gained during my training as a physiotherapist.
- in-house translator for an FT company in London (clients included major investment banks: Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch etc. as well as BBC, the IMF and Reuters).
- Freelance general texts: legal (assisting Italian lawyers in drafting financial contracts in English), telecoms, tourism, media and film
- financial texts into English as part of my job in banking industry.
- business meetings (both as freelancer and as part of in-house duties in banking: IT-ENG-FR)
- prison interview (IT-ENG)
- police interview / investigation (IT-ENG-IT)
Currently studying an MA in English Linguistics.