English to Spanish
| Ana Cuesta |
PhD Chemistry, +15 years Translating
Local time: 14:07 CET (GMT+1)
: Spanish (Variant: Standard-Spain)
| Freelancer, Verified member |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng||Medical: Pharmaceuticals|
|Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-)||Cosmetics, Beauty|
|Environment & Ecology||Genetics|
|Medical: Instruments||Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)|
|Also works in:|
|Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright||Nutrition|
|Physics||Wine / Oenology / Viticulture|
| PRO-level points: 340, Questions answered: 190, Questions asked: 11 |
|PhD - University of Oviedo|
|Years of translation experience: 19. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 1999. Became a member: Feb 2005.|
|English to Spanish (UNED, Madrid (Spain), verified)|
|DejaVu, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS|
I've been working as a freelance EN>ES translator since 1998, full-time since 2000 (I am member number 25943 of the Chartered Institute of Linguists). In that time, I have translated booklets and brochures, help files, labelling items, manuals, marketing bulletins, MSDS, patents, PILs, press releases, protocols and reports, scientific articles, SPCs, SW interfaces, web pages... in the areas of Chemistry, Clinical Analysis, Cosmetics, Environment, General Science, Pharmacology... I have also done Spanish media monitoring for International clients.
I got my degree in Chemistry by the University of Oviedo (Spain) back in 1990. Then I did a PhD at CSIC, Spanish Highest Research Council. I got my PhD in Chemistry degree in 1994 and spent the following two years, 1995 and 1996, at Loughborough University of Technology (UK). All through the process, I took part in a number of international conferences and joint projects.
I can also speak French and I'm learning German, but I only offer translation services from English into my native language, Spanish. I hold a master's degree in English/Spanish Translation by UNED University and the Highest Diploma in English by the Spanish Official School of Languages. I lived and worked in the UK for two years.
- Hardware: Dell XPS 8900, Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM (laptop as an emergency replacement, with mostly everything setup in duplicate), Internet access through cable + wifi, printer, scanner
- Basic SW: Windows 10, Office 2016 SBE (Word + Excel + PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional
- Translation SW: DejaVu X2 (my preferred, default CAT tool), SDL Studio 2011
- Security SW: Norton antivirus + daily backup of work in progress
- Specialized dictionaries, glossaries and the like: Plenty of course, both on paper and online, such as the well-known Navarro's "Diccionario crítico de dudas inglés-español de medicina" or a subscription to "EDQM Standard Terms for Pharmaceutical dosage forms, Routes of administration, Containers"
Keywords: translation, translator, english, spanish, chemistry, medical, clinical analysis, pharmacology, environment, clinical study, protocols, reports, manuals, marketing bulletins, MSDS, patents, PIL, press releases, scientific articles, SPC, technical brochures, web pages, cosmetics, traducción, traductor, inglés, español, química, análisis clínico, farmacología, medioambiente, cosméticos
Profile last updated