Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
- EN>ES translation and localisation
- Transcreation and copywriting
- Proofreading and editing
- Project management + language consultancy
- EN-ES ad-hoc interpreting
- Voice-over services
Localisation (software, websites, apps and videogames)
Business and marketing
Food and drink
General interest texts also offered
Freelance Spanish Translator, Localiser and Interpreter
Since 2002, I have provided my services to some of the biggest companies and translation agencies in the world, from Manchester United to Barclays, Honda and Square Enix. I am a contentious, passionate translator who always strives to achieve the best quality. Examples of past experience include:
- Translation of a large database on environmental, social and political issues for the EU.
- Localisation of numerous videogames and mobile apps across all genres and platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android, etc.
- Localisation of websites promoting tourism in London, Paris and New York.
- Translation of numerous brochures, website text, leaflets, etc. for Creative Europe.
- Guidebook for the European Social Fund programme.
- Website text and guidebooks for Amazon Web Services.
- Script for a video produced by the Education and Culture division of the EC and Ecorys.
- Search engine optimisation of numerous websites and Google Ads text for prestigious clients, from Apple to BBC Mundo.
- Transcreation/copywriting work for leading cosmetics and beauty brands.
- Translation of the new clothing range of a well-known outdoor clothing retailer.
- Translation of a company’s workshop on stress management.
- Translation of training material for the employees of a market-leading transport company.
- Ad-hoc interpreting in immigration centres, jobcentres, benefits agencies and prisons.
- Managed localisation projects involving up to 13 languages for the games industry.
I am extremely familiar with the localisation process. I am highly proficient in dealing with localisation issues such as cultural differences, space restrictions, platform-specific terminology and working with text containing variables.
I can localise all assets, from manuals to UI files and scripts for any platform: PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox One, Wii, DS, PC, Facebook, iOS, Android apps, etc. I am also familiar with SEO and most CMS systems and can localise any website to maximise its potential.
Specialist copywriting and transcreation services. I engage with your target audience and bridge the linguistic and cultural gap whilst maintaining the spirit of the original, to help you grow your brand and penetrate new markets. I have got years of experience adapting successful campaigns for companies such as Sony, Astor Cosmetics, Harrods and Cointreau.
My excellent degree of creativity will ensure your project reads well and is appropriate for the intended target audience. From travel guides to clothing websites, software manuals to staff handbooks, they won’t even know it’s a translation!
In-house Localisation Lead Tester, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (2005-2008)
My main responsibilities included translating and revising text for videogames and their manuals, testing the software to ensure the quality of the localisation, reporting any issues via specialist software and managing the localisation work undertaken by my team members.
This position gave me an excellent insight into the localisation industry and its processes. Some of my projects include F106 (PS3, PSP and PS2), The Eye of Judgment (PS3), SingStar (PS3), Killzone: Liberation (PSP) and SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals: Combined Assault (PS2).
Spanish Translator. Manchester City Council (2002)
Work placement during which I carried out translations of City Council publications. After that period, the Council decided to continue collaborating with me on a freelance basis.
MA in Translating, University of Salford.
BA in English Studies (first-class). University of Zaragoza. Second language: French, third language: German.
Course in Audiovisual Translation, University of Salford
Course in Subtitling, University of Leeds
Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI)
Chair of the North-West Translators' Network
Registered with the Localization Industry Standards Association
Member of the Academy of Arts and Interactive Sciences