Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
We specialize in Legal, technical, engineering, scientific, websites design and translation, Software localization, typesetting.
We also translate from German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, French and Russian into Arabic and from Arabic to all these langauges.
Our prices are competitive and based on the individual project.
- 1998 - Bachelor of Social Work, York University, Toronto, Canada.
- 1984 - Post-graduate studies in English Literature, Ain Shams University, Faculty of Languages (Al-Alsun), English Department, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1983 - B.A. (English Literature & Translation) Ain Shams University, Faculty of Languages (Al-Alsun), English Department, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1990 - Law Clerk Certification Course, Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, Canada
Membership and Accreditation:
- Certified Translator, Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) 1991 (Arabic/English)
- Accredited Court Interpreter for Ontario Courts
- Certified Association Executive (CAE), Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Conference Liaison Council
Equipment Used: IBM compatible with laser printer.
Software: MS Office 2000 Premium
Translation and Interpretation Experience:
June 1983 to Present: Translated all types of texts for private businesses, government and individuals from the Arab community. Established a voice-over business for promotional/educational videotapes and educational CD’s. Established contacts for typesetting on MAC for large projects. Website translation and software localization is a specialized area where AMM has been a pioneer in it. Interpretation assignments with the Ministry of the Attorney General, Refugee Board, and Lawyers.
Highlights on Major Projects Translated:
- A proposal for a major US company. The translation was very technical in nature and related to computers and networking. (16,000 words English to Arabic)
- Interactive CD for a major car manufacturer to teach their dealers the basics of auto mechanics with voice-over (24,000 words from English to Arabic)
- Most of the work for a Canadian aircraft manufacturer (brochures, presentation on PowerPoint, articles from different Arabic newspapers, Manuals, etc. from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English)
- Parents’ Manual for the new testing/assessment for students in grades three and six in Ontario, as well as the Individual Assessment Report issued every year for parents (Enlgish to Arabic)
- Variety of tenders and legal contracts (Arabic to English and English to Arabic)
- Brochures for major furniture companies with voice-over. (English to Arabic)
- Numerous translation jobs for the Ministry of Social Services regarding ChildCare, Women Rights, Wellfare, etc. (English to Arabic)
- The Bank Act and Corporation Act of an Arab Country (32,000 words) for the Department of Secretary of State of Canada. (Arabic to English).
- Information Brochure for a Transit Commission (English to Arabic)
- Contract for the supply of Conveyor belts in an Airport in the Middle East by a Canadian Company. (Arabic to English)
- Legal contracts (Arabic to English)
- Ontario Guide for New Comers (Welcome to the Government in Ontario). (English to Arabic)
- Audio tape script for the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Technology on "How to Start a Small Business in Ontario". (English to Arabic)
- Various press releases (English to Arabic)
- Introduction to Family Law Directory. (English to Arabic)
- Marketing video for the Corporate Real Estate Group of a major Canadian bank (English to Arabic) with voice-over.
- Many other legal documents and certificates for individuals relating to education, marriage, birth, death, etc. (Arabic to English)
- A number of technical documents e.g. user's manuals (English to Arabic)
- Translated labels and marketing brochures for the food industry. (English to Arabic)
Average number of words per year: 500,000
MAHA A. TAKLA
AMM Arabic Translation & Interpretation Services
1919 Lawrence Ave. E., Suite 301, Toronto, Ontario CANADA M1R 2Y6
Office Tel: (416) 759-4334
Fax: (416) 759-7698
E-mail: [email protected]