Born in Munich, Germany. Grew up in Munich, Germany and Carmel, California and spent four years in Australia. Travels throughout the East overland to Germany and one year in Tanzania, East Africa. College in New Hampshire, U.S.A. Return to Germany for university and several years in London, England. A whole decade in Austin, Texas.
Computer software/hardware in all areas, specialization in communications software,
writing/translating manuals for software, online instructions help files, marketing, technical specifications, brochures, entertainment software, online communciations/Internet, website. Localisation of user interface, including online help and instructions. Close teamwork with technical experts/programmers. Management of complete localisation process and build management. Able to work to tight deadlines and highly motivated.
- Extensive experience in operating, building troubleshooting and maintaining PCs. Including set up of communications, Internet access, set up and maintaining LANs, setting up routers, and other computer equipment (printers, scanners, modems, external drives).
- Advanced user of office software:
Microsoft Office Suite, incl. Word, Excel, Power Point
- Web design applications: Dreamweaver, FrontPage, acehtml, aceftp
- Layout and publishing programs: InDesign, PageMaker (now InDesign), QuarkXPress
- Online Help editing software: RoboHelp, Help-Scribble, Doc-to Help
- Graphics software: Photoshop CS3 Suite, Paintshop Pro, CorelDraw
- Other: Maya Unlimited , Adobe Audition, large number of other software tools
Highschool certificate, Perth, Western Australia
BA, Belknap College NH
University of Munich
Localization Certificate AAC, Austin
Member of Austin Area Translators and Interpreters Association (AATIA)
Awards: Best of Byte Magazine Award for best English Language software at the CEBIT International Trade Fair