Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Join ProZ.com every Wednesday at 14:00 GMT / 10:00 AM EST for ProZ.com Translator Success series. Each week ProZ.com will bring speakers & presenters on to help ensure Freelance linguists have success & achieve their business objectives.
I am a native English (UK), Japanese to English translator professionally translating Japanese since 2003, whilst employed by Kyoto Prefectural Government as an educational advisor. I have worked in a number of roles in Japanese organisations, both government and private sector from 2000, acquiring not just excellence in linguistic ability, but a breadth of technical experience in a number of fields:
• Health & Medicine: Clinical trials, medical equipment, patient records and research papers
• Business & Legal: Contracts, business reports, patents, press releases, financial reports
• Engineering & Scientific: Product manuals, sales materials, research
• Arts & Cultural: Travel guides, museum & exhibition guides, culinary
• Sales & Marketing: Localisation of campaign materials, copywriting, and PR
In addition to first-class Japanese to English translation using terminology that is accurate and consistent, I guarantee that all my work follows the formatting of the original where applicable.
For the past 5 years I have worked mainly in J-E patent translation, and have compiled comprehensive glossaries of technical terms to facilitate delivery of the highest quality work at competitive rates.
As an English Literature graduate and native English speaker, clients can expect the highest quality writing, and proofreading. I am also available for translations that require a stylistic quality:
• Japanese Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry
• Mizuho Bank
• Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
• Citizen Machinery Co., Ltd.
• Daiseki Group
• Japan Rugby Football Union
Having lived in Japan for over 5 years I have an excellent knowledge of idiomatic Japanese, and having also lived and studied in the United States, I am perfectly comfortable writing in US English if required.