Across, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, MemoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit
German-English technical translator and interpreter, degree/diploma qualified, lived in Germany for more than 10 years and spend time in German-speaking countries at regular intervals. Qualified and experienced computer software designer/analyst, having worked in many areas of industry in GB and Europe.
Apart from computers (hardware and software), my other main areas are engineering in general, automotive, telecoms, environmental, automation, defence - basically anything considered "technical"!
I also translate general material such as tourism/travel information, sport, photography, advertising etc.
Experienced user of Trados, Transit, Across, MemoQ.
On-site work translating/interpreting at daily rate.
Prices quoted according to volume of work and technical difficulty. Some of the material I have been translating recently:
- Automotive (repair manuals, training etc.)
- Furniture showroom texts
- Traffic control systems
- Internal combustion engine test system
- Gentleman's fashion
- Electronics (intervers, rectifiers, frequency converters, switches etc.)
- Car head-up display systems
- Furniture fittings and architectural hardware
- Sliding window systems
- Food (salami varieties)
- Automotive SAP manual (60,000 words)
- Tank semitrailer operating manual
- Car park automation systems
- Construction tool plausibility check
- Helium leak testing systems
- Risk assessments
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.