Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Native language: Italian
Working languages: English and Spanish
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE2004 – 2005: Language Specialist at Comsys, San Jose, California
• Translated Help pages, CS, billing and marketing emails
• Performed Linguistic QA
• Developed terminology glossaries and language style guides
• Identified localization road-blocks at early stage of projects
• Resolved localization specific design issues
1999 – 2005: Full-Time Freelance Translator
• Managed a large number of corporate accounts
• Translated and reviewed more than 400K words per year
• Selected and tested overflow vendors
· MS Office
· MS Producer
· MSN Explorer
· MS MSN
· MS Tech Net
· MS Web Training
· Apple iTunes
· Apple GarageBand
· Apple Knowledge Base
I have also worked on a very large number of autodesk products for Parametric Technology Corporation. In December 2002, I successfully completed the PTC Pro/ENGINEER 2001 Training Course. This course was intended to assess the knowledge of translator/proof-reader in almost any content area of PTC Pro/E. Relevant projects are as follow:
· Detailed Design
· Data Management
· Mechanism Dynamics
I have also translated various material for the video-gaming and educational industry (Sega, Xbox, Lego, etc.) and for the marketing field. Relevant projects are as follow:
· Prince of Persia
· Star Wars Obi-Wan
· Batman Vengeance
· House of the Dead
• Microsoft Helium
• Microsoft LocStudio
• Uniscape Translator Studio
• Lionbridge Technologies Inc. LionLinguist
• RC-WinTrans Translator's
• Alchemy Catalyst QS
• Star Transit
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP and Mac OS X.
• Microsoft Office XP suite.
• Adobe PageMaker 6.5.
• Adobe FrameMaker 6.0..
• Adobe Photoshop 6.0.
• QuarkXPress Passport 5.0.
• Macromedia DreamWeaver MX 6.0.
University of Florence, Italy:
Faculty: Lettere e Filosofia
Degree course: Modern Languages (M.A. equivalent)
Languages: English, Spanish
Thesis Director: Prof. Keir Elam
Relevant courses included: translation of technical, economic and marketing texts, Theory of Translation, Germanic Philology, Romance Philology and Linguistic.
Middlesex University, London: Research for the thesis
I believe that translators should be capable of discerning subtleties and nuances, researching terminology and colloquialisms, and handling new developments in their languages. For this purpose, I always read related material and learn the basics and some of the details about the subjects I am dealing with. In my work I always try to strike a balance between fidelity to the source text and readability in the target language.