Check out my website: www.lgtranslation.com
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or skype me at lingofish Summary
• Well organised and creative in thinking
• Quick learner
• Working well under pressure
• Culturally sensitive
• Extensive computer knowledge
EducationMaster of Professional Accounting Federation University Australia
, MIT Campus, Sydney, Australia 2013-2014
Master of Arts in English The University of Sydney
, Sydney, Australia 2011
Master of Conference Interpreting Macquarie University
, Sydney, Australia 2010
Master of Interpreting and Translation University of Western Sydney
, Sydney, Australia 2008-2009
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature Shanghai International Studies University
, Shanghai, China 1999-2003
Career History & Major AccomplishmentsTranslation
• From 06/2007 to 05/2008, in charge of the Chinese localization of EVE Online, one of the most popular online games, more than 300,000 words translated and proofread
• From 04/2008 till now, involved in projects for a major photography equipment company, translating brochures, websites and manuals for the company's latest digital cameras and optical products
• Involved in translating technical documents and website localization for Microsoft, Seagate, Dell, Pepsi, Hyperion, iFire, GE, CLSA, Marriott
• Involved in the collaborative work of translating training materials for SAP, leading provider of ERP systems.
• As a NAATI-accredited translator, translated and certified large volumes of personal documents and certificates for courts, law firms, universities, immigration agencies and individuals.
• Translated academic papers for scholars on subjects such data mining, taxation and communication.
Project Manager, oDesk Corporation, 10/2011-10/201
• Working remotely with team members and translators around the globe.
• Distributing projects among translators and ensuring on-time delivery.
• Coordinating the communication between the client and the translators.
• Providing support to translators.
• Identifying issues in the workflow and actively looking for solutions. 10/2011-10/2012
• In 2003, worked as an in-house interpreter and translator for Shanghai Huanuan Boiler & Vessel Co., Ltd., responsible for interpreting between company management and foreign visitors regarding business cooperation as well as the design and manufacturing of boilers and vessels
• From 2005 to 2006, worked as a contracted interpreter for Baosteel Corp., China's largest steel maker, facilitating communication between the Chinese and English-speaking specialists at business meetings involving the discussion of the technical details of electrical and mechanical engineering projects
• From 2008 to 2014, provided consecutive interpreting for hospitals, courts, police and businesses in Australia, including:
o Interpreting for Chinese and Australian engineers regarding the repairing and maintenance of faulty equipment at Walls Machinery
o Interpreting for the Chinese delegation during their visit to the Australian Technology Park
• In May 2014, was the court interpreter for the sensational Lin-family murder case in Sydney
• In September 2012, provided simultaneous interpreting services for a conference on clinical trials held by the US pharmaceutical company Abbott.
• In May 2014, provided simultaneous interpreting services at conferences and training sessions organized by Newell Rubbermaid in Melbourne, Australia.
• In June 2014, worked as a simultaneous interpreter at Future of Cities Forum in Shanghai, China.
• In September 2014, worked as a simultaneous interpreter at the 6th China Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit in Wuhan, China.
• In October 2014, worked as a simultaneous interpreter at the 17th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems in Hangzhou, China.
• In April 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting services at 2015 International Conference on Engineering Technology and Application in Xiamen, China.
• In May 2015, worked as a simultaneous interpreter at CES Asia in Shanghai, China.
• In May 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting services at 2015 2nd International Conference on Engineering Technology and Application in Xiamen, China.
• In June 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting services at China Brokers Circuit Summit in Shanghai and Shenzhen, China.
• In August 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting services at conferences and training sessions organized by Newell Rubbermaid in Shanghai, China.
• In October 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting for interviews held at the Shanghai office of DBS Bank.
• In December 2015, provided simultaneous interpreting at IT technical consulting conferences held by JPMorgan Chase Bank in Shanghai, China.
• In April 2016, provided simultaneous interpreting at FM Global Asia Advisory Council in Tokyo, Japan.
• In May 2016, worked as a simultaneous interpreter at 2016 Dior BC Seminar in Macau.
• Working as a simultaneous interpreter over teleconferences for the ongoing training sessions conducted by Cendyn.
• In September 2016, worked a simultaneous interpreter at seminars on e-cigarettes for KH Lawyers and Technology R & D Center, Shanghai Tobacco Group Co., Ltd.
• NAATI certified translator with stamp (English<->Chinese), NAATI no. 56020
• NAATI certified interpreter (English<->Mandarin), NAATI no. 56020
• CATTI (China Aptitude Test for Translators and Interpreters) Level 2 interpreter certificate
• IELTS 8.5
• Experienced user of CAT software such as the SDL suite, including Trados, TagEditor, Multiterm, as well as WordFast, Déjà vu, MemoQ, StarTransit, etc.
• Proficient with DTP software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Adept at utilizing all resources available to facilitate my work, be it interpreting assignments or translation projects
Services and Rates
• Simultaneous Interpreting: 120 AUD/hr, 900 AUD/day
• Consecutive Interpreting: 60 AUD/hr, 400 AUD/day
• Translation: 0.22 AUD/w
• Certification: 40 AUD per document (less than 250w)
NAATI certified English<>Chinese translator/interpreter
English Chinese translator