Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
- PhD (Philosophy; Focus: Political and Ethical Theories); City University of New York (CUNY)
- MBA (Focus: Finance, Economics); New York University
- BS (Business Administration: Major: Marketing, Minor: Psychology); New York University
- BA (Philosophy); Hunter College (CUNY)
E-mail contact: email@example.com
* TRANSLATION LANGUAGES:
- ARABIC<>ENGLISH; FRENCH-to-ENGLISH
- Native fluency in English, Arabic and French.
* INTERPRETING: ARABIC<>ENGLISH; FRENCH<>ENGLISH
1. Arabic-to-English Translation (American Translators Association);
2. US Department of Justice (FBI);
3. Received top scores on government-sponsored ILR’s Arabic-to-English native proficiency oral and written tests.
* AREAS OF EXPERIENCE: Law, Contracts, Business, Finance, Investments, Economics, Accounting, Politics, Religion, Military.
* TRANSLATION EXPERIENCE (Long-Term Translation Clients Since 1995):
1. INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF): Translated hundreds of Arabic legal, financial and economic documents (AR-to-EN; 2001-Present).
2. UNITED NATIONS: Arabic/French to English in-house contract translator (2002); French-English freelance simultaneous interpreter (2002-2008).
3. UNDP: Arabic<>English translation of many UN economic development reports (2012-Present).
4. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY (NYU): Taught legal Arabic-to-English translation; selected and graded entrance exams for the NYU Arabic-to-English translation program (2004-2010).
5. US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE: As a lead translator, translated many legal, financial, political, technical, military, religious and terrorism-related documents and tapes for the Department of Defense legal unit (AR<>EN; 2004-2008).
6. US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE PROJECT: Hundreds of DOJ materials translated for a New York law firm (AR-to-EN; 2000-2001).
7. TV NETWORKS (CBS, CNN, Fox News, NBC, PBS): Long-term translation and interpreting assignments, including the US-Afghanistan war, US-Iraq war, and the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war (Arabic/French into English; 2001-2011).
8. LAW FIRMS:
(a) Shearman & Sterling: Translation of many legal and financial documents (AR<>EN; 2003-Present).
(b) Cravath, Swaine and Moore: Translation of French financial, legal and telecom documents (FR-to-EN; 1997-1998).
(c) Jones, Day: Lead financial and legal interpreter and translator in a class action lawsuit involving more than 100 plaintiffs from the Middle East (AR/FR<>EN; 1998-2002).
(d) Jenner & Block: Translated several hundred pages of Arabic documents dealing with Iraq’s oil industry (AR-to-EN, 2008).
9. HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH: AR-to-EN; 2006-2007.
10. INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR TRANSITIONAL JUSTICE: Translation of human rights documents (AR<>EN; 2006-Present).
11. The HUNGER PROJECT: Translated financial and auditing reports (FR-to-EN; 2005-2008).
12. OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATION (JUSTICE INITIATIVE): AR<>EN; FR-to-EN (2006-Present).
13. FRANCE TELECOM TRANSLATION PROJECT: Translation of financial, legal and technical documents in a 3-month assignment (FR-to-EN; 1995).
14. ALCOA AND PECHINEY ALUMINUM TRANSLATION PROJECT: Translation of French business and technical documents in a month-long assignment; 1997.
15. TRANSLATION AGENCIES: Translated legal, financial, economic, technical, political and religious documents for many translation agencies in the US and overseas (AR<>EN; FR-to-EN; FR-to-AR; 1995-Present).
- Prepared income statements and financial reports for securities, derivatives and foreign exchange trading desks at NY-based international banks (1979-1991).
PROFESSOR OF BUSINESS, HUMANITIES AND LIBERAL ARTS:
- Baruch College, NY (1999-2003): Taught philosophy, focusing on political and ethical theories.
- Notre Dame University, University St Joseph, Lebanese-American University (Lebanon, 1991-1994): Taught Business English, International Marketing, Psychology, History of Philosophical and Political Ideas.