YELENA A. LENESHMIDT
Graduate of Kostanay State University, teacher of English and Kazakh. Extensive background in high education. Academic training and professional experience in teaching the languages of Kazakh and English at the university level (6 years), translating and interpreting (14 years, technical, legal and oil industries in English, Russian and Kazakh). 6 years of extensive experience in journalism and as an anchor newscaster translating, editing and broadcasting the daily evening news in Russian, Kazakh and English for TV Alau. At the same time, host of a weekly call-in radio program in the Kazakh language for Radio Alau.
In addition to the foreign languages teaching degree, I also hold an Academic Bachelor of Jurisprudence Law Degree, graduating as a Lawyer-Advocate in Civil Law for Kazakhstan from the U.A. Dzholdasbekov Academy of Economics and Law.
University Diploma, teacher of English and Kazakh, Kostanay State University, Kostanay Republic of Kazakhstan (1996)
Bachelor of Jurisprudence Law Degree, the U.A. Dzholdasbekov Academy of Economics and Law, Taldykorgan, Republic of Kazakhstan
Ministry of Education, Republic of Kazakhstan, certified to teach English and Kazakh at the university level.
First translator in Kazakhstan to attain DIN EN 15038 certification.
Translation notary certified, Republic of Kazakhstan
English<->Russian, English<->Kazakh, Russian<->Kazakh
Translation of legal, technical, official documents, artwork and voice-overs in Kazakh and Russian
The American Translators Association
Member of the Northern California Translators Association (NCTA), a chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA)
Available upon request
Translations, proofreading, examination evaluations and voice-overs for among others:
• Author – The Leneshmidt English, Russian and Kazakh Glossary©
. Comprehensive and first of its kind complete glossary of the three language combinations including the latest Kazakhstan government approved terms for high technology (TerminCom)
• Hewlett Packard – Entire set of manuals for the HP laptop product line in Kazakhstan (English to Kazakh)
• Microsoft™ - Translation of the 235,000 word Titan CRM© project utilizing LocStudio© and Trados©. Recruitment and management of the English to Kazakh translation team.
• NATO – On-going translation of the complete up-dated manual of policy statements from English to Kazakh
• The Tourism Board of Hungary – The complete online guide to tourism in Hungary translated from English to Kazakh.
• Universal Movie Studios™ ~ NBC Television Studios™ - Adaptation, translation and audio/phonetics voice coaching of actors speaking lines in Kazakh for the television series "My Own Worst Enemy", starring Christian Slater.
• The World Bank - Translation of surveys of international businesses from English to Kazakh.
• Nur-Avicenum Cardiology Medical Center - Translation of all of the research works for Dr. Vladimir Antonovich Kraisman, MD, research scientist for the Kazakhstan Government board of cardiology, (Russian to English) and noted physician. Some of these works are published at the National Institutes of Health in the United States.
• General Motors™- Adaptation and translation of the Chevrolet Aveo ad campaign for Kazakhstan.
• Unilever™ - Adaptation and translation of the television scripts and print ad campaigns of the Dove Sun-tanning Lotion and Dove Shampoo product lines for Kazakhstan in Kazakh and Russian. On-site language supervisor of Russian and Kazakh languages for the voice over television actors.
• Duracell™ - Adaptation and translation of the television scripts and print ad campaigns of the Duracell battery product lines for Kazakhstan in Kazakh and Russian. On-site language supervisor of Russian and Kazakh languages for the voice over television actors.
• Avon™ - Adaptation and translation of the television scripts and print ad campaigns of Avon product lines for Kazakhstan in Kazakh.
• Philips Electronics™ - Member of the team translating 500,000 word high technology manual, schematics and specifications of the Philips CAT SCAN medical device from English to Kazakh.
• SDL International™ - Grade and evaluate examinations and tests in Kazakh language competency for SDL International. These tests and examinations are given to candidate translation agencies bidding to secure large translation contracts with SDL International.
• Microsoft™ - Technical localization translation of over 1 million words from English to Kazakh for Windows XP©, Windows 2000©, Microsoft Knowledge Base©, and Windows Vista© (expert knowledge of the Microsoft Helium© and Trados© localization software)
• Linde Werdelin™ - Translation and adaptation of the promotional brochure of the Linde Werdelin timepiece product line and Land Instruments for the Kazakhstan market.
• Exide Batteries™ - English to Russian translation of blueprints, technical drawings and manufacturing specifications utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• Bracewell/Guiliani Law Firm™ - Russian and Kazakh translations of legal documents and contracts in Russian and Kazakh
• ConocoPhillips Petroleum™ - Russian and Kazakh translations of legal documents and contracts
• Chevron Oil™ - Russian technical translations, blueprints and specifications utilizing Trados©, Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• Exxon/Mobil Oil™ - Russian technical translations, blueprints and specifications utilizing Trados©, Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• General Electric™ - Russian technical translations, blueprints and specifications utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• Johns Hopkins University - Translations of United Nations resolutions, statutes and charters relating to women's and children's antislavery and anti-trafficking in both Russian and English.
• Moody's Financial Services (Sovereign) - Financial translations in both Russian and English utilizing Microsoft Excel© and MS Word©
• Hyatt Hotel™ Almaty
• Alau Radio and Television - Translation of both Kazakh and Russian news and voice-overs.
• LG Electronics™ - English to Kazakh translation
• Electrolux™ - English to Kazakh translation
• Digatron™ (Germany) - English to Russian utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• Kustan - English to Russian utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• KazMunaiGaz™ (Kazakhstan state oil company) - Translation of Russian to English utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop© and Adobe Acrobat©
• Samsung™ - Localization of mobile phone menus for Kazakh language using Trados© and Microsoft Excel©
• HiSense Electronics - English to Kazakh and Russian of operating manuals for high definition televison flat screen panels utilizing Microsoft Excel©, MS Word©, Adobe Photoshop©, Trados© and Adobe Acrobat©
Western Group LLP, Legal and Translation Services, Atyrau
In-house translator Present – 2006
• Translate engineering and operations manuals for the oil companies working in Atyrau
Kainar ACB LLP, (battery manufacturing) (Taldykorgan)
Translator Present – 2006
• Translate business correspondence (invoices, packing lists, certificates of origin, quotations), phone conversations with foreign partners
• Provide translation during the commissioning process
• Provide written and on-site translation between English, Russian and Kazakh speaking engineers
• Translate operation manuals for new equipment
ITC Group, MEDSTAR (Discovery Channel), Johns Hopkins University, Almaty
Translator 2006 – 2004
• Worked as a translator for the company's affiliate located in Kazakhstan
Alau TV and Radio Broadcasting, Kostanay
Newscaster of the daily news program 2004 – 1998
• Translated, prepared and read the daily news in Kazakh
• Hosted weekly live radio talk show in Kazakh
Kostanay State University, Kostanay
Teacher of English 2002 – 2001
• Developed curriculum that met the History Faculty students' needs, prepared lesson plans, and designed materials for language lessons for the students of History Faculty.
• Introduced English language movies and multimedia materials in the language course to encourage students to understand the language in its every-day application.
• Prepared examination materials and evaluated examination scores
Kostanay State University, Kostanay
Teacher of Kazakh 2001 – 1996
• As a teacher, prepared and taught courses.
• Assisted in preparing and publishing additional material for the students of the 4th course ("Ecology")
• Supervised the students' teaching internships at schools, working closely with school principals
• Windows 2000, NT
• Microsoft Word, Excel
• SDL Trados 2006 Freelance
• Microsoft Helium