Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Dutch to English: Software translation for engineering company Detailed field: Computers: Software
Source text - Dutch SchemaCAD/STePS Drafting & Design :
• De meest volledige ontwerpsoftware voor elektrische schema's met een uitgebreide set aan tekentools, een volledige connectiviteitscontrole en alle mogelijkheden voor het genereren van lijsten en afgeleide informatie, ontwikkeld op basis van AutoCAD® / Win.
• Door zijn uiterst open karakter is deze software te gebruiken voor zeer uiteenlopende normen, bedrijfsspecifieke werkwijzen en diverse toepassingen. Toepassingen zijn klassieke elektrische installaties, motorsturingen, automatisatie en PLC schema's, instrumentatie loops.
• Tevens is de mogelijkheid voorzien om uw elektrische projectdossiers op uw Intranet/Extranet te publiceren!
Dit betekent dat met 1 druk op de knop de projectgegevens, klemmen-, kabel-, materiaallijsten, tekeningen, ... op een Intranet/Extranet beschikbaar gesteld worden.
Translation - English SchemaCAD/STePS Drafting & Design:
• The most complete design software for electrical diagrams including an extended set of drawing tools, complete connectivity control and all possibilities for the generation of lists and derived information, developed on the basis of AutoCAD/ Win
• Through its utmost open character, this software can be used for very diverse standards, operating procedures specific to companies and various applications, such as standard electrical installations, motor control, automation, PLC schedules and instrumentation loops.
• Moreover, there is also the possibility to publish your electrical project files on your Intranet/Extranet!
With only one click, project information, clips, cable, material lists, drawings, etc can be provided via Internet/Extranet.
I am a native Dutch speaker living in Spain. Before moving to Spain, I first studied Computer Science and then Translation and Interpretation services. I also attended specific IT courses, such as "Multimedia Project Management", "Synthetic Personalities in Computer Software " and "Image Processing". I have worked 4 years as a helpdesk assistant/in-house translator on the IT department of a large Dutch multinational. In 2011 I was hired by Apple to work as a freelance localization engineer at their European headquarters in Cork.
My specialty fields
IT - Computers: software for Windows and macOS, mobile apps for iOS and Android, hardware, operating systems, websites, hard drives, printers, monitors, screens, networks, webcams, mouses, keyboards, pen tablets, e-commerce, portals, cabinet racks, pc, Mac, laptops, desktops
Telecommunications: smartphones, mobile phones, GPS
Multimedia: televisions, DVD players, DVD recorders, Blu-Ray players, Blu-Ray recorders, mp3 players, voice recorders, PDA, digital sound systems, home cinema, projectors, digital cameras
Other: SAP, marketing, automotive, tourism, travel, transport, trains, sports, fitness, general letters, business, human resources
I provide several linguistic services, such as:
Translation: I always aim at accurate high-quality translations, which are understandable for the client, in order to deliver a 'finished' translation. Each linguistic project includes a thorough check regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, hyphenation, style, numbers, consistency and correct use of vocabulary/terminology.
Website localization: I can localize websites with great attention to details using various CAT tools. Each web page is analyzed before being translated/localized for the target audience. This enables me to provide an exact reflection of the website in the requested language while ensuring its perfect functioning.
Software localization: I also localize software for Windows and Mac, as well as apps for mobile OS (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, etc.). Due to my IT background, I can gain a perfect insight into the software and thus analyze meticulously each part of the software. Working with e.g. software variables (placeholders), html code or length restrictions is absolutely no problem for me.
Proofreading/editing/QA: I provide proofreading, editing and QA services. During these processes, I perform a thorough check regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, hyphenation, style, numbers, consistency and correct use of vocabulary/terminology. The QA service includes a precise layout check as well.
During the past years I've provided these linguistic services for both companies and private persons. I am proud to say that I have never missed a deadline and I intend to keep it this way.
I use the most advanced CAT tools available, such as:
SDL Trados Studio 2017
memoQ 8 and memoQ2015
SDL Passolo 2016 Translator Edition
Idiom Worldserver Desktop Workbench.
I also have Microsoft Office 2016 and Adobe Acrobat X Pro. Client specific software can be installed and used if necessary.
I charge very fair translation rates and I always grant a discount when I'm being assigned large volume jobs (Trados percentages). My rate for non-technical texts is set at EUR 0.08/word while my rate for technical texts is set at EUR 0.09/word. Proofreading and QA services are set at EUR EUR 20-35/hour. Please contact me for my Trados percentages for high volume projects. I accept payments through:
Bank wire transfer
Should you wish more information, please don't hesitate to contact me. You can do this by