Both simplified and traditional Chinese workable per client's request.
Areas of specialization: business, finance, marketing, PR, legal, arts, education, government, etc.
Certified Member of American Translators Association & Member of Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario
Master of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business, York University, April 2000
* Specialisation: Marketing
* Graduate Diploma: Arts & Media Administration
Bachelor of Arts, Beijing Foreign Studies University, July 1992
* Major: English Language & Culture
On Position Services:
* Language Works, New York, USA, 2003-2004
- Managing translation service projects, client contacts, coordinating translation assignment, editing, proof reading.
* Beijing Music Radio, Beijing, China, 1992-1996:
- Translating and localizing US programs “American Top 40”, “The World Chart Show”, both among the top rating pop music shows of the Company.
- Interviewing international artists: Yo-Yo Ma, Itzahk Perlman, Zubin Mehta, Janos Starker, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
* Agencies: All Languages, Toronto; Omnicom Translation, Toronto; Language Works, NY
* Independent Projects:
- Introduction to the Performance of Bach, published by the People’s Music Publish Press, China, 2003; three volume treatises by Rosalyn Tureck, world renowned musician and Bach specialist, founder of the Tureck Bach Research Insitutute, New York, USA
- Beethoven Lives Upstairs, on-going project, 2004; CD and symphonic presentation script, for mainland China market; by Susan Hammond, musician, Juno Award recipient; for the Children’s Group, Ontario, Canada
- Multilingual website composition and translation, on-going project, 2004; Terra Magica Cultural Services, Inc., New York, USA; for launching the Terra Magica Music Festival in Croatia in 2004
- Various interviews and articles by musicians Tara Hofmeister and Yuan Sheng, NJ, USA; for musical publications in China, including Philharmonic, Piano Artistry, Music Weekly
- Business documents and service instructions, Palisades Consulting Group, NJ, USA
Marketing Analyst, Amati Conservatory, Tenafly, NJ and Amati Music Festival, Hunter, NY
February 2002 – December 2003
* Fundraising and Grand Writing
* Marketing and Public Relations
* Financial Analysis and Budgeting
Concert & Education Co-ordinator, The Children’s Group, Toronto, January – July 2000
* Marketing and Public Relations
* Customer Service: supporting engaging orchestras in their concert production
* Budget Planning and Control: ensuring touring and speaking projects meet budget goals
* Negotiation: bidding seasonal concert engagements, closing deals with orchestras and presenters, contracting actors, etc.
Producer, Beijing Music Radio, Beijing, China, August, 1992 – April, 1996
* Negotiation: bargaining deals with US partner Radio Express to make sure key terms on content, copyright, payment, legal jurisdiction, etc. meet co-production policies of the Government and the company.
* Producing classical music programs and reporting music events.
* Windows, Microsoft Office XP Professional, Pagemaker, Photoshop, FrontPage, various database software (Maximizer, Approach, ACT!)
* Hi-speed Internet
Translation: $0.12 per word; minimum charge: $35.00
Editing/Proofreading: $40.00 per hour; minimum charge: $35
Interpretation (consecutive): $60.00 per hour; minimum charge: $50, half-hour increment
关键词 With previous agency experience, rush service available, bulk rate negotiable, available virtually all the time