Freelance Translator (2002-Present)
• Translation of computer self-study guides such as "SAMS Teach Yourself FrontPage 2003 in 24 Hours".
• Translation of help files for IBM AS/400, the user manual for IBM Workplace Web Content Management and IBM Workplace Services Express.
• Translation of articles for Global Women’s Strike.
• Translation of informative brochures on bio-terrorism.
• Translation of several political and medical surveys, as well as, academic certificates and a variety of business documents (both from and into Arabic).
• Translation of flyers, correspondence and other informative material for public schools.
• Translation of a company’s website using Microsoft FrontPage.
• Translation of political research projects, speeches and articles (from Arabic into English).
In-house Translator (IUT, Vendor of IBM-Egypt) (2000-2002)
• Worked in the localization of various software including ViaVoice (Versions 6 and 7), AS/400 and Tivoli.
• Translation of legal contracts and copyrights (both from and into Arabic).
• Translation of user manuals for IBM software and self-study guides for several Microsoft products.
• Translation of brochures and marketing material for a variety of IBM software and hardware products (from and into Arabic).
• Translation of military research projects on air defense (from Arabic into English).