Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
2003 - present. Translation of a variety of documents to a high standard mainly in the fields of mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing & press:
- Forklift Trucks industry: huge volume of operator manuals, maintenance manuals, specification sheets, parts manuals, marketing documents such as truck brochures, press releases for a major manufacturer.
- Electric Vehicles: recent projects for Canadian official bodies working on the implementation of Electric Vehicles in Canada (related to the development of the latest technologies & the study of “The Potential for an Electric Microbus in the North American Market”).
- Food processing equipment, industrial machinery - such as industrial ovens, extruders, moulders etc.: product manuals, marketing documents.
- Water industry: High pressure washers, biological water treatment systems, TOC Analyzer user manuals, water purifiers & Softeners manuals & brochures.
- Packaging industry: maintenance, user manuals, parts lists for industrial wrapping machines.
- Pneumatic conveying systems for process industries
- Voice communication systems for Air Traffic Control & military applications: user manuals & bidding documents (technical specifications, letters).
- Operator & maintenance manuals for explosion protection systems for a wide range of industries.
- Software: software manuals in various fields (security systems, voice communication systems).
- Bids documentation (letters, specifications, resumes)
- Commercial & marketing documents
- Press: translation of newspaper articles for the French Ministry of Defense (The Financial Times, The Times, The New York Times, The Guardian, The Herald Tribune, El Mundo, El País, La Vanguardia, El ABC, among others)
- Literature (short stories) & Music
Some of my latest projects:
- 65,000 words for a famous luxury automobile manufacturer (marketing website)
- 40,000 for Shell (Operating Level Agreement & Maintenance manual)
- translation of the magazine of an electronics European distributor
Amongst many others...
Some of my recent projects:
- December 2013: 6 weeks interpreting for a manufacturer of Voice Communications Systems for Air Traffic Control and military applications ; this gave me an in depth knowledge of the field since I worked 6 hours a day with engineers.
- 30,000 for a pump manufacturer; non-destructive testing documents.
- 20,000 words for a tobacco machinery manufacturer; operating manuals and other technical documentation.
- 47,000 words for a gate motors and access automation equipment manufacturer.
- Continuous work in the fork lift truck industry and other fields mentioned above.
14 years experience using SDL Trados ; I currently use SDL Studio 2011.
Keywords: French, mechanical engineering, fork lift truck, machine tools, SDL trados, SDL Studio 2011, consistency, electronics, voice communications, technical, baking industry, maintenance manual, operator manual, specifications, water treatment, water purifier, packaging, wrapping machine, TOC analyzer, press, journalism, material handling, electric vehicle, industrial machinery, operating manuals