Fifteen years in the trade. Translation agency partner from 1994 to 1998 and freelance translator since then.
Feel free to contact me.
• John A. Flannery & Karen M. Smith (eds.) (2008). Urban landscape design. TeNeues,
• King, William J. (2007). Las leyes no escritas del management [The Unwritten Laws of Business]. Ediciones Deusto,
• Gittel, Jody H. (in press). The Southwest Airlines Way: Using the Power of Relationships to Achieve High Performance [team translation];
• VV. AA. (2002): El Guernica y los problemas éticos y técnicos de la manipulación de obras de arte. MNCARS y Fund. Marcelino Botín [team translation]
• Muchinsky, Paul M. (2001). Psicología aplicada al trabajo, Paraninfo-Thomson;
• Jacobs, Allan B. (1996). Grandes calles, Publishing Department of the University of Cantabria [team translation], and
• Barreiro Pereira, Paloma – Herrera Gómez, Aurora (1996). Guidebook of Santander’s Architecture, Official Architect Association of Cantabria [team translator and coordinator].
• Hansen, Morten T., Nohria, Nitin & Tierney, Thomas (1999), “What’s your strategy for managing knowledge?”. Harvard Business Review, No. March-April, pp.106-116 (in press).
• Joachimsthaler, Erich & Aaker, David A. (1997): “Building brands without mass media”. Harvard Business Review, No. Jan-Feb, pp-39-50 (in press).
• James S. Amelang, “Aspectos de la cultura urbana en la España Moderna”, in VV.AA (1996): Imágenes de la diversidad. El mundo urbano en la Corona de Castilla (s. XVI-XVIII), Universidad de Cantabria.
• Richard L. Kagan, “Un mundo sin murallas. La ciudad en la América hispana colonial”, in VV.AA (1996): Imágenes de la diversidad. El mundo urbano en la Corona de Castilla (s. XVI-XVIII), Universidad de Cantabria.
- Translation and localisation of the Miarroba.com website -a Spanish provider of tools for webmasters (52,000 words)
- Service Standards (72,000) and Brand Identity Guidelines (16,000) for several brands of the Spanish hotel group, Sol Meliá
- The 2009 Geography guide, papers, markschemes, samples of the student work and teacher support material for the Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate (44,000), a two-year programme of international education for students aged 16 to 19
- Translation of the Sportal website (29,000 words) and a website on artistic heritage for the Department of Contemporary History of the University of Cantabria (34,000)
- Translation of agreements for RTVE –the Spanish public TV network (41,000), Columbian Carbon Spain (38,000 words), Banco Santander de Negocios (18,000)
- Translation of company magazines por PPG Industries -coatings and specialty products and services company, for construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation, KONE -elevators and escalators (15,000), Metso -global engineering and technology corporation for the pulp and paper industry, rock and minerals processing, and energy industry (33,000)
- Translation of the Tourist Information Service developed by the Department of Tourism and Industry of the Regional Government of Cantabria (62,000)
- Translation of quality manual for Gosan -mechanical components (46,000)
- Translation and localisation of a computer-based manual aimed to train the workshop staff of Opel Spain
- Translation and localisation of a car dealer management software that included account management, accounting, marketing, fleet control, etc. for Kerridge Computers
- Collaborated in the "Spanish Dictionary of Business, Commerce and Finance", published by Routledge in 1998.
The experience I have accumulated in these years also includes the translation of:
· commercial documents: correspondence, memorandums, activity summaries, company magazines, presentations, reports, and several articles for the Harvard Business Review.
· financial documents: financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, financial reports,
· technical documents: technical catalogues, user manuals, web pages,
· legal documents: agreements, contracts, by-laws, rogatory letters, orders, sentences, summons,
· tourism and marketing documents: tourist brochures, guides, web pages, menus, packaging texts,
· others: programmes, curricula, academic papers, articles, etc.