Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Fifteen years in the trade. Translation agency partner from 1994 to 1998 and freelance translator since then.
Feel free to contact me.
• John A. Flannery & Karen M. Smith (eds.) (2008). Urban landscape design. TeNeues,
• King, William J. (2007). Las leyes no escritas del management [The Unwritten Laws of Business]. Ediciones Deusto,
• Gittel, Jody H. (in press). The Southwest Airlines Way: Using the Power of Relationships to Achieve High Performance [team translation];
• VV. AA. (2002): El Guernica y los problemas éticos y técnicos de la manipulación de obras de arte. MNCARS y Fund. Marcelino Botín [team translation]
• Muchinsky, Paul M. (2001). Psicología aplicada al trabajo, Paraninfo-Thomson;
• Jacobs, Allan B. (1996). Grandes calles, Publishing Department of the University of Cantabria [team translation], and
• Barreiro Pereira, Paloma – Herrera Gómez, Aurora (1996). Guidebook of Santander’s Architecture, Official Architect Association of Cantabria [team translator and coordinator].
• Hansen, Morten T., Nohria, Nitin & Tierney, Thomas (1999), “What’s your strategy for managing knowledge?”. Harvard Business Review, No. March-April, pp.106-116 (in press).
• Joachimsthaler, Erich & Aaker, David A. (1997): “Building brands without mass media”. Harvard Business Review, No. Jan-Feb, pp-39-50 (in press).
• James S. Amelang, “Aspectos de la cultura urbana en la España Moderna”, in VV.AA (1996): Imágenes de la diversidad. El mundo urbano en la Corona de Castilla (s. XVI-XVIII), Universidad de Cantabria.
• Richard L. Kagan, “Un mundo sin murallas. La ciudad en la América hispana colonial”, in VV.AA (1996): Imágenes de la diversidad. El mundo urbano en la Corona de Castilla (s. XVI-XVIII), Universidad de Cantabria.
- Translation and localisation of the Miarroba.com website -a Spanish provider of tools for webmasters (52,000 words)
- Service Standards (72,000) and Brand Identity Guidelines (16,000) for several brands of the Spanish hotel group, Sol Meliá
- The 2009 Geography guide, papers, markschemes, samples of the student work and teacher support material for the Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate (44,000), a two-year programme of international education for students aged 16 to 19
- Translation of the Sportal website (29,000 words) and a website on artistic heritage for the Department of Contemporary History of the University of Cantabria (34,000)
- Translation of agreements for RTVE –the Spanish public TV network (41,000), Columbian Carbon Spain (38,000 words), Banco Santander de Negocios (18,000)
- Translation of company magazines por PPG Industries -coatings and specialty products and services company, for construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation, KONE -elevators and escalators (15,000), Metso -global engineering and technology corporation for the pulp and paper industry, rock and minerals processing, and energy industry (33,000)
- Translation of the Tourist Information Service developed by the Department of Tourism and Industry of the Regional Government of Cantabria (62,000)
- Translation of quality manual for Gosan -mechanical components (46,000)
- Translation and localisation of a computer-based manual aimed to train the workshop staff of Opel Spain
- Translation and localisation of a car dealer management software that included account management, accounting, marketing, fleet control, etc. for Kerridge Computers
- Collaborated in the "Spanish Dictionary of Business, Commerce and Finance", published by Routledge in 1998.
The experience I have accumulated in these years also includes the translation of:
· commercial documents: correspondence, memorandums, activity summaries, company magazines, presentations, reports, and several articles for the Harvard Business Review.
· financial documents: financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, financial reports,
· technical documents: technical catalogues, user manuals, web pages,
· legal documents: agreements, contracts, by-laws, rogatory letters, orders, sentences, summons,
· tourism and marketing documents: tourist brochures, guides, web pages, menus, packaging texts,
· others: programmes, curricula, academic papers, articles, etc.