Spanish to English
English to Spanish
| Tamara Bloom |
Getting your Message Across
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Local time: 12:40 GMT (GMT+0)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Transcription|
|Education / Pedagogy||Poetry & Literature|
|Religion||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Also works in:|
|Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting||Computers: Software|
|Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)|
| Questions answered: 1 |
|Master's degree - University of Leeds|
|Years of translation experience: 8. Registered at ProZ.com: Aug 2008.|
|Spanish to English (University of Leeds)|
English to Spanish (University of Leeds)
|Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
A wide range of experience in translation, interpreting and copywriting. Paying full attention to detail; dedicated to providing the highest quality translations and services.
MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies, University of Leeds, UK. (2009; Merit)
BA Spanish, University of Exeter, UK. (2007; 1st)
Most relevant work experience:
- Centre for Translation Studies, University of Leeds, UK: ORCIT Project Assistant.
(Creation and localisation of MA-level conference interpreter training eLearning resources. EU-funded project website creation and management.)
- Centre for Translation Studies, University of Leeds, UK: National Network for Interpreting Project Assistant.
(Creation and management of UK Government-funded project website and online resources. School and university careers advice and interpreting taster sessions. Conference presentations and journal articles, publicity copywriting, reporting. Partner liaison and communication.)
- Eurosur Consultores, Almeria, Spain: Receptionist and translator.
(Translation of company website to English and summer reception cover.)
- ADRA-Perú, Lima, Peru: Volunteer, interpreter and translator.
(Interpreting for high-level visitors, meetings, beneficiary interviews and media appearances. Translation of governmental resources into English.)
- Comfortable with a wide range of software and applications, including various word processing, translation and rapid e-learning tools. Comfortable using basic HTML.
- Communication and teamwork
- Capable under pressure
- Planning and organization
Keywords: Spanish, software, religion, transport, agriculture, literature, culture, arts, elearning, education, interpreting, pedagogy
Profile last updated
Sep 30, 2015