English to Japanese: The Obama-Biden transition team has roped in a number of Indian-Americans
Source text - English Houston:The Obama-Biden transition team has roped in a number of Indian-Americans, mostly specialists and leading academicians, to assist the Democrats in assuming the responsibilities of the administration.
The appointees are no strangers to the first ever African American President-elect Barack Obama, with most of them having longstanding
associations with him.
While Indian American Nick Rathod has been appointed director to the Office of Inter-governmental Affairs, Parag Mehta from Texas will oversee affairs of minority groups, including Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders as deputy director of inter-governmental affairs and public liaison.
Rathod is currently the national outreach director of South Asians for Obama and one of its founding members.
Arti Rai, an ex-classmate of Obama at Harvard Law School, who is currently a professor of patent law at Duke University, has been appointed member of the agency review team on science, technology, space, arts and humanities.
The agency review teams are charged with completing a thorough review of various departments, agencies and commissions in the US government to craft policy, budgetary and personnel decisions prior to the President's
Anjan Mukherjee, another Indian-American, who is a pass out from the Harvard Business School and managing director at the private equity firm Blackstone, has been named one of the several leads on the economics and international trade agency review team.
Mukherjee, who was also involved in the Asian Americans' campaign for Obama, is also a director of Steifel Laboratories, one of his firm's investment arm.
Translation - Japanese オバマ・バイデン政権移行チームは、民主党が政策責任を担う上で必要な支援を請うため、多くのインド系から成る専門家や学識者を任命した。
Hello, thank you for finding my profile on Proz.com.
I am a native Japanese JTF (Japan Translation Federation) certified freelance translator living in India.
I have been working as a translator since 2004 on different subjects like IT, daily news (current affairs), marketing materials, finance reports and speech manuscripts.
Apart from my freelance career, I have been associating with a subsidiary of Japan's leading IT company (NTTDATA) since 2004 as an in-house translator / interpreter (now I belong to the company as an independent consultant).
As I reside India, I can offer you the best rate being a native Japanese translator.
Please feel free to contact me through Proz.com or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent works (in the past two months):
- Requirement analysis, specification documents for one of the top global IT company (English to Japanese)
- Code of conducts, human resource guidelines, internal documents for global players (English to Japanese)
- Public releases / CEO speeches for global companies (Japanese to English)
- Daily news and current affairs (English to Japanese)
- Advertisements for a European firm (English to Japanese)
- Internal training material for a leading US networking firm (English to Japanese)
- New product release for the world's leading trading company (English to Japanese)
- Brochures for a global soft-drink maker (English to Japanese)
- Advertisements for a city magazine (English to Japanese)
- Presentations for IT start-up companies (English to Japanese)
- Product introductions for a luxury watch maker (English to Japanese)
- Brochures for the world's leading amusement park (English to Japanese)
- Product descriptions of local specialties in Japan (Japanese to English)
- University brochures (English to Japanese)