Poll: Have you ever participated in a ProZ Translation Contest?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
08:10

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you ever participated in a ProZ Translation Contest?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:24
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A few times 10:22

I was rather keen on them and took part in several between 2008 and 2014 (won some). By then, I considered these contests both entertaining and challenging but, after a while, I felt that they were very poorly designed. One of the flaws is that each competitor is allowed to judge the other competitors. Are we really so impartial to be fair to other people’s entries? Then, to top it up, there was... See more
I was rather keen on them and took part in several between 2008 and 2014 (won some). By then, I considered these contests both entertaining and challenging but, after a while, I felt that they were very poorly designed. One of the flaws is that each competitor is allowed to judge the other competitors. Are we really so impartial to be fair to other people’s entries? Then, to top it up, there was an infamous one (http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translation_contests/277633-translation_contest_celebrations_congratulations_to_the_first_round_of_winners.html) where it took several years to announce the winners. So, I stopped participating... ▲ Collapse


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Poll: Have you ever participated in a ProZ Translation Contest?






Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »