This job was closed at Jul 22, 2018 22:15 GMT
Linguists needed for Help Desk translations
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 15:06 GMT (GMT: Jul 12, 2018 15:06) Job type:
Service required Languages:
English to French, French to English
Budget and payment details
We have received an interesting opportunity with one of our IT clients. They are seeking a solution for their French groups of receiving support tickets from their help (IT) desk and how to respond/manage them efficiently for the French market. Below is the process they are considering:
• When a support ticket comes in from a French client, it will be Machine Translated and sent onto their Support Team to resolve.
• If the support team member cannot understand what the Machine Translated support ticket means, it will be sent to your team to be Post-Edited, having source at MT content available – No TM updates are required.
• Completed Post Edited translation will be sent back to Support Team member.
• If there is further questions – the Support Team member may either chat or possibly have a call for clarification.
• No interpreting required.
Requests will only be during French business hours
• There is an expected 0.5-1 hours of work daily
• Request a 4 hour turnaround time if possible – if end of day – due the next morning hours
• No weekend or public holidays
Would you be able to support this, within your working hours only, to Post Edit and answer chat communications and possible calls on a regular basis? This would require someone who not only can Post Edit but also has the technical background and understanding of IT terminology. It would be nice if you could speak English well enough to talk with the Loc Engineer who is English native.
Basically we would need you to post-edit machine translations to/from French into English for tech support tickets originating in France. The ideal resources would yes have a good English command and be comfortable speaking in English, in case a quick phone call would be needed (as it’s sometimes much faster to have a quick call then to go back and forth in email), but you do not need to be English native.
We are trying to pull together pricing for this quote and if you would be so kind to offer up your very best pricing with the understanding this would be to start 1-2 hours per day with successful trial resulting in a number of hours average per day possible.
This would needed to be quoted per hour and my thought is to offer up a throughput of words and break it down to 15 minute increments – which would include any chats or call necessary.
Client would like to start by 16/7.
Looking forward to hearing from you, please send me an email to [HIDDEN] to further discuss the details.
Budget information for this job is restricted to those who meet the requirements of the job.
: Spain Volume
: 5,000 words Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Tech/Engineering Required native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
IT (Information Technology) Required software:
SDL TRADOS Preferred quoter location:
France Quoting deadline: Jul 15, 2018 22:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Sep 1, 2018 22:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
corporate member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5
out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.