A comparison of translation memory tools
This video is an overview of the principles of translation memory systems and a comparison and analysis of the main CAT tools available in the market: SDL Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast (Classic & Pro), Across, memoQ and Atril Déjà vu.
Topics covered during the presentation:
Part 1: PowerPoint presentation with key features (will be available after the presentation)
* General information on the company of the tool
* Overview of different product versions
* An overview of the different key modules of a translation memory tool
* Integrated project management
* Translation memory
* Translation environment
* Terminology database
* An overview of the supported file formats
* Price information if available
Part 2: demonstration of the system
* Translation Memory is prefilled with demo data (tmx file will be available for the participants)
* Terminology database is prefilled with a couple of entries (csv file will be available for the participants)
* Translation of a Word document as an example showing the key features of the translation process:
* Project creation/ import of the document / opening a document
* Definition of the language combination and integrating a TM and a terminology database for this specific language combination
* The translation environment and the translation process
* Finishing a translation
* Exporting the translation /creating the translation
• Translators who have never used cat tools.
• Beginner CAT tool users.
• CAT tool users who want to gain an insight on the benefits of the different tools available in the market.
Price and access information
Click to expand
Price : 15 USD
After you purchase access to this video please visit this link:
A comparison of translation memory toolsl
Nicole Keller View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.