English to Spanish
Spanish to English
French to English
| KC Logos |
Translator Interpreter Editor
Local time: 17:29 CET (GMT+1)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, MT post-editing, Project management|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Education / Pedagogy|
|Printing & Publishing|
|Also works in:|
|Finance (general)||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|IT (Information Technology)||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Paper / Paper Manufacturing||Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)|
|Bachelor's degree - University of West London|
|Years of translation experience: 34. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2009.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint|
| Introducción a la Traducción Financiera [download] |
I usually work freelance on short or long-term projects but am available to work in-house in the Madrid area on specific projects if required.
I have more than 25 years' experience in publishing, translating and interpreting.
Apart from my translation and interpreting services, I specialize in managing editorial projects: liaising with authors, designers, illustrators and editors; preparation of manuscripts; proofreading; creation of artwork briefs; photo selection; management of audio-visual components; scheduling; budget control.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with a high level of proficienty in French.
- Ad-hoc and simultaneous interpreter (English-Spanish; Spanish-English)
- Experienced translator (English-Spanish; Spanish-English; French-English; French-Spanish).
- Fully conversant with all aspects of editorial and production processes, from commissioning authors to final copies.
- Experienced in coordinating and liaising with authors, translators, designers, layout artists, illustrators, etc.
- Competent at producing written texts in both Spanish and English (e.g. back-cover copy, blurbs).
- Knowledge of the Spanish educational system and copyright law applied to publishing.
- Excellent IT skills.
Keywords: spanish, french, translator, interpreter, editor, proofreader, publishing, business, finance, copyright law
Profile last updated
Mar 19, 2015