Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I'm passionate about languages. I'm also passionate about delivering the best possible results at the right time. Read on to find out about the winning combination of expertise, experience and benefits I offer.
I'm a native British English speaker who has been providing high-quality translations on time since 2005 (please note that I was also a full ProZ member from April 2005 until October 2008).
Years of study and practice combined with my longstanding passion and natural talent for languages enable me to offer an above-average level of linguistic expertise.
Though I have tended to specialise in translating in the field of business, my multi-faceted training and experience enable me to translate accurately in other fields such as the social sciences, education and Latin American affairs.
I take great pride in my work and guarantee puntual delivery of a high-quality end product. I am committed to offering a professional and flexible service at a competitive rate. When you entrust me with a project, you can feel confident that your requirements will be met and that you will be satisfied time after time.
Finally, you may be interested to know that I offer other services in addition to translation.
• Qualified linguist: First Class BA Honours Degree in French and Spanish with specialisation in linguistics from The University of Newcastle upon Tyne in England (2000)
• Perfect command of the English language developed through training and work as an English Teacher and Editor of English Language Materials
• Extended residence abroad: 6 of the past 10 years spent living, studying and working in France, Ecuador and Spain
• Based in Madrid, Spain (with access to plenty of native Spanish speaking support!)
All of the above enable me to deliver well-written English translations which read naturally, and are meaningful and appropriate for the intended audience.
Multi-faceted training and experience:
• 3 years in publishing as an Editor of English language materials and Product Manager
• 4 years as an English Teacher in Ecuador
• Master's Degree in Latin American Studies with specialization in Sociology and Anthropology from The University of Liverpool in England (2004)
• I have also worked for two large American multinationals in the UK: Ford The Motor Company (as an Intern in Human Resources) and Procter and Gamble (as a Payroll Administrator)
• I only translate into my mother tongue
• Use of a wide range of reliable glossaries to ensure 100% accuracy and full understanding of every aspect of the original text
• Use of Trados to ensure accuracy and consistency
• I only accept projects I am qualified and able to translate to the highest standard (please note that I do not undertake highly specialist legal, medical or technical translations)
• Availability: rapid and clear email and/or phone communication in your chosen language (English, Spanish or French)
• Customer-oriented: ability to understand and meet stated requirements.
• Reliability: track record of always delivering completed projects on or before the agreed deadline
• Easy to work with. Eager to please and create long-term relationships
• Spanish to English: 0.07-0.09 EUR per word
• French to English: Rates: 0.08-0.10 EUR per word
• Above rates are for guidance only, please contact me directly for a quote
• Average output varies from 2,000-3,000 course words per day
• Evening and weekend availability
• Next-day delivery (surcharge applies)
• Flexible payment options: UK and Spanish bank accounts, PayPal
Confidence and satisfaction:
I understand that assigning a translation project to a new freelance translator you’ve never worked with before is a risk, which is why you might find it reassuring to know that:
• I’ve worked for some of my current customers time after time since 2005/2006
• I have worked for customers from 12 different countries (biggest market is France).
• I have translated documents (primarily via agencies) for major international companies including Renault, Orange, Gaz de France, Ralph Lauren, Club Med, Diesel, Bombardier and Macmillan Publishers.
• Please see positive feedback left in the “Willingness to Work Again” area of my profile page. Full references available on request.
• I am willing to undertake a test translation prior to commencing.
• 100% confidentiality guaranteed.
• Consecutive interpreting: Spanish into/from English
• Editorial: content editing, copy editing and proofreading in English
• Adaptation: American English into British English; Ecuadorian Spanish from/into Castilian Spanish
My contact details:
E-mail: upon request
Skype: upon request
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.