Spanish to English
French to English
| B&W |
My passion is your project
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Local time: 20:33 CET (GMT+1)
| || |
I'm passionate about languages. I'm also passionate about delivering the best possible results at the right time. Read on to find out about the winning combination of expertise, experience and benefits I offer.
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Blue Board: Clare Hogg |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Transcription|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Marketing / Market Research|
|Also works in:|
|Education / Pedagogy||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
Spanish to English - Rates: 0.07 - 0.09 EUR per word
French to English - Rates: 0.08 - 0.10 EUR per word
| PRO-level points: 30, Questions answered: 62, Questions asked: 143 |
| 1 entry|
Access to Blue Board comments is restricted for non-members. Click the outsourcer name to view the Blue Board record and see options for gaining access to this information.
|Bachelor's degree - Newcastle University, England|
|Years of translation experience: 12. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2009.|
|Spanish to English (University of Newcastle, verified)|
French to English (University of Newcastle, verified)
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
| Fiscalidad para autónomos: ¿Cómo empezar? [download]|
Facturas emitidas y de gastos. IVA e IRPF. [download]
Operaciones intracomunitarias y resúmenes anuales. [download]
Declaración de la renta e inspecciones de Hacienda [download]
| B&W endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
I'm a native British English speaker who has been providing high-quality translations on time since 2005 (please note that I was also a full ProZ member from April 2005 until October 2008).
Years of study and practice combined with my longstanding passion and natural talent for languages enable me to offer an above-average level of linguistic expertise.
Though I have tended to specialise in translating in the field of business, my multi-faceted training and experience enable me to translate accurately in other fields such as the social sciences, education and Latin American affairs.
I take great pride in my work and guarantee puntual delivery of a high-quality end product. I am committed to offering a professional and flexible service at a competitive rate. When you entrust me with a project, you can feel confident that your requirements will be met and that you will be satisfied time after time.
Finally, you may be interested to know that I offer other services in addition to translation.
• Qualified linguist: First Class BA Honours Degree in French and Spanish with specialisation in linguistics from The University of Newcastle upon Tyne in England (2000)
• Perfect command of the English language developed through training and work as an English Teacher and Editor of English Language Materials
• Extended residence abroad: 6 of the past 10 years spent living, studying and working in France, Ecuador and Spain
• Based in Madrid, Spain (with access to plenty of native Spanish speaking support!)
All of the above enable me to deliver well-written English translations which read naturally, and are meaningful and appropriate for the intended audience.
Multi-faceted training and experience:
• 3 years in publishing as an Editor of English language materials and Product Manager
• 4 years as an English Teacher in Ecuador
• Master's Degree in Latin American Studies with specialization in Sociology and Anthropology from The University of Liverpool in England (2004)
• I have also worked for two large American multinationals in the UK: Ford The Motor Company (as an Intern in Human Resources) and Procter and Gamble (as a Payroll Administrator)
• I only translate into my mother tongue
• Use of a wide range of reliable glossaries to ensure 100% accuracy and full understanding of every aspect of the original text
• Use of Trados to ensure accuracy and consistency
• I only accept projects I am qualified and able to translate to the highest standard (please note that I do not undertake highly specialist legal, medical or technical translations)
• Availability: rapid and clear email and/or phone communication in your chosen language (English, Spanish or French)
• Customer-oriented: ability to understand and meet stated requirements.
• Reliability: track record of always delivering completed projects on or before the agreed deadline
• Easy to work with. Eager to please and create long-term relationships
• Spanish to English: 0.07-0.09 EUR per word
• French to English: Rates: 0.08-0.10 EUR per word
• Above rates are for guidance only, please contact me directly for a quote
• Average output varies from 2,000-3,000 course words per day
• Evening and weekend availability
• Next-day delivery (surcharge applies)
• Flexible payment options: UK and Spanish bank accounts, PayPal
Confidence and satisfaction:
I understand that assigning a translation project to a new freelance translator you’ve never worked with before is a risk, which is why you might find it reassuring to know that:
• I’ve worked for some of my current customers time after time since 2005/2006
• I have worked for customers from 12 different countries (biggest market is France).
• I have translated documents (primarily via agencies) for major international companies including Renault, Orange, Gaz de France, Ralph Lauren, Club Med, Diesel, Bombardier and Macmillan Publishers.
• Please see positive feedback left in the “Willingness to Work Again” area of my profile page. Full references available on request.
• I am willing to undertake a test translation prior to commencing.
• 100% confidentiality guaranteed.
• Consecutive interpreting: Spanish into/from English
• Editorial: content editing, copy editing and proofreading in English
• Adaptation: American English into British English; Ecuadorian Spanish from/into Castilian Spanish
My contact details:
E-mail: upon request
Skype: upon request
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 30|
(All PRO level)
|Spanish to English||30|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Energy / Power Generation||4|
|Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.||4|
|Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs||4|
See all points earned >
Keywords: French, Spanish, Madrid, British English, Ecuador, Latin America, business, marketing, sales, human resources, HR, advertising, public relations, management, administration, market research, interviews, questionnaires, surveys, article, education, teaching, general, linguistics, sociolinguistics, editor, editing, proofreading, content edit, copy edit, social sciences, sociology, migration, immigration, websites, training, leaflets, brochures, presentations, press releases, manuals, work procedures, newsletter, reports, guides, international, affairs, transcription, publishing, ELT, TEFL, interpreter, interpreting, francés, español, ingles británico, Latinoamérica, editora, edición, negocios, comercio, ventas, recursos humanos, RRHH, gestión, administración, investigación de mercado, entrevistas, cuestionarios, encuestas, educación, enseñanza, pedagogía, lingüística, sociolingüística, ciencias sociales, sociología, migración, inmigración, sitios Web, formación, folletos, presentaciones, notas de prensa, manuales, procedimientos, informes, guías, internacional, actualidad, Edición de contenidos, corrección de estilo, trascripción, interprete, Français, Espagnol, anglais britannique, Amérique latine, sciences sociales, affaires, ressources humaines, publicité, relations publiques, éducation, enseignement, pédagogie, linguistique, éditeur, rédacteur, édition, sciences sociales, site Web, Internet, formation, dépliant, prospectus, manuels, procédures, recherche, entretien, enquête, sondage, étude, correction, interprète
Profile last updated