I'm passionate about languages. I'm also passionate about delivering the best possible results at the right time. Read on to find out about the winning combination of expertise, experience and benefits I offer.
I'm a native British English speaker who has been providing high-quality translations on time since 2005 (please note that I was also a full ProZ member from April 2005 until October 2008).
Years of study and practice combined with my longstanding passion and natural talent for languages enable me to offer an above-average level of linguistic expertise.
Though I have tended to specialise in translating in the field of business, my multi-faceted training and experience enable me to translate accurately in other fields such as the social sciences, education and Latin American affairs.
I take great pride in my work and guarantee puntual delivery of a high-quality end product. I am committed to offering a professional and flexible service at a competitive rate. When you entrust me with a project, you can feel confident that your requirements will be met and that you will be satisfied time after time.
Finally, you may be interested to know that I offer other services in addition to translation.
• Qualified linguist: First Class BA Honours Degree in French and Spanish with specialisation in linguistics from The University of Newcastle upon Tyne in England (2000)
• Perfect command of the English language developed through training and work as an English Teacher and Editor of English Language Materials
• Extended residence abroad: 6 of the past 10 years spent living, studying and working in France, Ecuador and Spain
• Based in Madrid, Spain (with access to plenty of native Spanish speaking support!)
All of the above enable me to deliver well-written English translations which read naturally, and are meaningful and appropriate for the intended audience.
Multi-faceted training and experience:
• 3 years in publishing as an Editor of English language materials and Product Manager
• 4 years as an English Teacher in Ecuador
• Master's Degree in Latin American Studies with specialization in Sociology and Anthropology from The University of Liverpool in England (2004)
• I have also worked for two large American multinationals in the UK: Ford The Motor Company (as an Intern in Human Resources) and Procter and Gamble (as a Payroll Administrator)
• I only translate into my mother tongue
• Use of a wide range of reliable glossaries to ensure 100% accuracy and full understanding of every aspect of the original text
• Use of Trados to ensure accuracy and consistency
• I only accept projects I am qualified and able to translate to the highest standard (please note that I do not undertake highly specialist legal, medical or technical translations)
• Availability: rapid and clear email and/or phone communication in your chosen language (English, Spanish or French)
• Customer-oriented: ability to understand and meet stated requirements.
• Reliability: track record of always delivering completed projects on or before the agreed deadline
• Easy to work with. Eager to please and create long-term relationships
• Spanish to English: 0.07-0.09 EUR per word
• French to English: Rates: 0.08-0.10 EUR per word
• Above rates are for guidance only, please contact me directly for a quote
• Average output varies from 2,000-3,000 course words per day
• Evening and weekend availability
• Next-day delivery (surcharge applies)
• Flexible payment options: UK and Spanish bank accounts, PayPal
Confidence and satisfaction:
I understand that assigning a translation project to a new freelance translator you’ve never worked with before is a risk, which is why you might find it reassuring to know that:
• I’ve worked for some of my current customers time after time since 2005/2006
• I have worked for customers from 12 different countries (biggest market is France).
• I have translated documents (primarily via agencies) for major international companies including Renault, Orange, Gaz de France, Ralph Lauren, Club Med, Diesel, Bombardier and Macmillan Publishers.
• Please see positive feedback left in the “Willingness to Work Again” area of my profile page. Full references available on request.
• I am willing to undertake a test translation prior to commencing.
• 100% confidentiality guaranteed.
• Consecutive interpreting: Spanish into/from English
• Editorial: content editing, copy editing and proofreading in English
• Adaptation: American English into British English; Ecuadorian Spanish from/into Castilian Spanish
My contact details:
E-mail: upon request
Skype: upon request
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.