Thread poster: Irina Sears
Irina Sears
Irina Sears  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:49
Member (2015)
Arabic to English
Sep 26, 2003

I cannot view Arabic script on KudoZ posts on my Mac. I am using Internet Explorer 5.0 on Mac OS 9.2. I have tried changing the preferred languages, but Arabic is not an option on the menu. I have also tried changing the character set, but Arabic is not available there, either. I have also tried changing various fonts in the Web browser with no luck. I do have the language kits installed and can read and write Arabic in other applications. Please advise and thanks.
Irina

arterm
arterm  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 20:49
English to Russian
Dear colleague Sep 27, 2003

try downloading and using opera browser.
This will probably be the only solution for you.
get to the www.opera.com
The browser is free and you can download mac version 6.03 which is Unicode based and should resolve all your problems.
I work in Opera under Mac OS X and it works well. Russian is a bit exotic languase for web browsers and I guess Arabic is too.

Sometime in the futur
... See more
try downloading and using opera browser.
This will probably be the only solution for you.
get to the www.opera.com
The browser is free and you can download mac version 6.03 which is Unicode based and should resolve all your problems.
I work in Opera under Mac OS X and it works well. Russian is a bit exotic languase for web browsers and I guess Arabic is too.

Sometime in the future veryone shall use Unicode
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot view Arabic script on KudoZ on Mac

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »