Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:21
English to German
+ ...
Mar 13, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I wonder why the command format painter doesn't work in Word 2003. I thought this is just my installation, but now I changed my PC and it's the same. When I click on the format painter icon and then move to the sentence, the paintbrush turns into a normal arrow and I cannot paint anything. Sometimes it works but most of the times it doesn't.

I found some messages like this on other forums but never a solution.

Does this happen also
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I wonder why the command format painter doesn't work in Word 2003. I thought this is just my installation, but now I changed my PC and it's the same. When I click on the format painter icon and then move to the sentence, the paintbrush turns into a normal arrow and I cannot paint anything. Sometimes it works but most of the times it doesn't.

I found some messages like this on other forums but never a solution.

Does this happen also to you?

thanks in advance

Noe
Collapse

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Select first, then press the paintbrush Mar 14, 2005

You must select the text with the style you want to copy -- it can be just one letter.

Then you go to the paintbrush and the cursor will change to a paintbrush when you come back to the text. Select the text you want to apply the copied style to.

Bonne chance!
Esther, qui a Office 2003 et qui n'a aucun mal à copier les styles

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:21
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no idea why this happens just to me Mar 20, 2005

Hello Esther,

thanks for your answer, I know how it should work and how it worked before I changed to Word 2003. But I see that not everybody has this problem.

Regards

Noe

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Delete your normal.dot Mar 23, 2005

It will often solve the problem, whatever it is.
Best,
Esther

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

format painter in Word 2003 doesn't work

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »