Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Local time: 17:09
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 31, 2001

Dear Henry,

the first time I used the Agency Ratings service it showed perfectly well. This morning all I get is a white-blue table with all the data, but in the ratings column I only get \"Ratings:3\" or whatever, ossia, the number of voting pros, but not the very AVERAGE SCORE it is given. This makes it useless. Why so? Is this a temporary bug?

Thanks, Flavio

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:09
SITE FOUNDER
Now, only Platinum members may view Blue Board scores Dec 31, 2001

In the few days that the Blue Board has been online, it has become apparent that the idea of showing average scores without providing access to reviewer\'s information was ill-conceived. People were able to post reviews that were--in effect--anonymous to 95% of the community.

We therefore decided to show such data only to Platinum members. Platinum members have access to the detailed reviews and reviewer profiles, so they are able to evaluate for themselves the reliability o
... See more
In the few days that the Blue Board has been online, it has become apparent that the idea of showing average scores without providing access to reviewer\'s information was ill-conceived. People were able to post reviews that were--in effect--anonymous to 95% of the community.

We therefore decided to show such data only to Platinum members. Platinum members have access to the detailed reviews and reviewer profiles, so they are able to evaluate for themselves the reliability of reviews posted.
Collapse

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 16:09
English to Hebrew
+ ...
In other words, you have decided to disenfranchise 95% of us Dec 31, 2001

Thanks!
[addsig]

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 31, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-12-31 09:13, senesino83 wrote:

Dear Henry,

the first time I used the Agency Ratings service it showed perfectly well. This morning all I get is a white-blue table with all the data, but in the ratings column I only get \"Ratings:3\" or whatever, ossia, the number of voting pros, but not the very AVERAGE SCORE it is given. This makes it useless. Why so? Is this a temporary bug?

... See more
Quote:

Dear Henry,

Thanks, Flavio

Simple solution:

You need a pair of platinum glasses...on sale for $125 (or less, with appropriate discount)

A word to the why\'s!

Collapse

Frieda Ruppaner-Lind (X)
Frieda Ruppaner-Lind (X)
English to German
+ ...
$125 Platinum Glasses? Dec 31, 2001

You can join other lists for free to get information on agencies.

Cheers,

Frieda

Quote:

On 2001-12-31 19:03, RICH wrote:

Quote:

Dear Henry,

the first time I used the Agency Ratings service it showed perfectly well. This morning all I get is a ... See more
You can join other lists for free to get information on agencies.

Cheers,

Frieda

Quote:

On 2001-12-31 19:03, RICH wrote:

Quote:

Dear Henry,

Thanks, Flavio

Simple solution:

You need a pair of platinum glasses...on sale for $125 (or less, with appropriate discount)

A word to the why\'s!

[addsig] ▲ Collapse

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other lists Dec 31, 2001

>You can join other lists for free to get >information on agencies.

I have done so, indeed. On Yahoogroups.

Have a nice new year.

Flavio

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already have a pair of glasses, thanks Dec 31, 2001

>You need a pair of platinum glasses...on >sale for $125 (or less, with appropriate >discount)

Prosit!

I have already joined free mailing lists about agency ratings. They prove to be quite helpful.

Have a nice year.

Flavio

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:09
SITE FOUNDER
TCR is another resource Jan 1, 2002

Yes, there are several existing resources.

TCR, for example, is a free list \"for translators to exchange payment information regarding their clients\":

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcr

By comparison, the ProZ.com Blue Board is more structured, but more limiting. (For example, TCR allows open conversation, the Blue Board does not.) The opinion seems to be
... See more
Yes, there are several existing resources.

TCR, for example, is a free list \"for translators to exchange payment information regarding their clients\":

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcr

By comparison, the ProZ.com Blue Board is more structured, but more limiting. (For example, TCR allows open conversation, the Blue Board does not.) The opinion seems to be that the two services are complementary.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency Ratings - I can\'t see the average score

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »