Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:01
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Aug 20, 2004

Should there be one? Dear Latvian Colleagues, please voice your opinion!

Best Regards,

Uldis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 14:46]

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:01
Latvian to English
+ ...
Yes! Aug 21, 2004

Excellent idea! I propose Uldis as the moderator (given that he is also one of the most active Latvian prozians).

Paldies Uldi par ðo ierosinâjumu. Gaidîsim ko mums teiks 'no augðas'!

Jâna

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:01
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Do create a Latvian forum! Aug 21, 2004

Excuse my bad Latvian/Lettish but I would like to encourage you to do it.
Even if you are not many at the beginning, the fact that such a forum exists will help in attracting more Latvian-related translators and interpreters. Uldis seems a very good choice as moderator.

So: Go for it and Good luck!

BR

Mats J C Wiman
Übersetzer/Translator/Traducte
... See more
Excuse my bad Latvian/Lettish but I would like to encourage you to do it.
Even if you are not many at the beginning, the fact that such a forum exists will help in attracting more Latvian-related translators and interpreters. Uldis seems a very good choice as moderator.

So: Go for it and Good luck!

BR

Mats J C Wiman
Übersetzer/Translator/Traducteur/Traductor > swe
http://www.MatsWiman.com
http://www.Deutsch-Schwedisch.com
http://www.proz.com/pro/1749
(Proz.com moderator, deu>swe, Swedish)
Träsk 201
SE-872 97 Skog
Schweden/Sweden/Suède/Suecia
Tel:+46-612-54112 Fax:+46-612-54181 Mobile:+46-70-5769797
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your suggestions Aug 21, 2004

There is no forum yet, but I was going to propose Valters Feists as a moderator. IMHO, he's far better qualified than any other of us, though I don't know his thoughts on it, as well as how often he is online.

Uldis

Vents Villers
Vents Villers  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
What about to start Latvian forum with Powwow? Aug 21, 2004

Man domaat, vajadzeetu ar Powwowu saakt - pie viena bruunos p-tus dabuusim:))) Nu un tur tad arii kolektiivi nobalsosim pat Uldi kaa moderatoru:))) Citu kandidatuuru es sheit neredzu... Valtera kvalifikaaciju es nekaadaa gadiijumaa neapssaubu, bet peedeejaa laikaa reti vinnss te paraadaas...
Vents

[Edited at 2004-08-22 05:50]

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:01
Latvian to English
+ ...
Pow-Wow Aug 21, 2004

Laba ideja! Kurð to uzòemas noorganizçt? Uldi? Principâ vajadzîgs tikai datums un vieta. Ierosinu, ka tas tiek rîkots pavisam neformâli ar mçríi savstarpçji iepazîties un uzòemt kontaktus.

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PowWow Aug 21, 2004

Visi jau viòi ir neformâli Pagâðgad biju Viïòâ un ðogad (18. septembrî) atkal braukðu. Notiek tas tâ- iepostç ProZee (ja jau, tad jau, kâpçc nereìistrçt, ja var)- re ku paraugs

http://www.proz.com/powwow/559

tad kâds, kura ID ir verif
... See more
Visi jau viòi ir neformâli Pagâðgad biju Viïòâ un ðogad (18. septembrî) atkal braukðu. Notiek tas tâ- iepostç ProZee (ja jau, tad jau, kâpçc nereìistrçt, ja var)- re ku paraugs

http://www.proz.com/powwow/559

tad kâds, kura ID ir verified (re, Jana, piem. ), dabû no Henrija tiesîbas verificçt citu dalîbnieku ID (pase jâapskata, jâpieraksta kas nu tur, pçc PowWow aizsûta datus Henrijam). Vajag aizrunât kâdu mazâku krodziòju/banketa zâli... un tas, principâ arî viss. Vent, tâ bija Tava ideja, nu iekliko kreisajâ pusç PowWowos un ierosini vienu
(man tos Brownicus ðâ vai tâ nav kur likt).

Uldis

Jana Teteris wrote:

Laba ideja! Kurð to uzòemas noorganizçt? Uldi? Principâ vajadzîgs tikai datums un vieta. Ierosinu, ka tas tiek rîkots pavisam neformâli ar mçríi savstarpçji iepazîties un uzòemt kontaktus.

[Edited at 2004-08-21 12:30]

[Edited at 2004-08-21 13:56]
Collapse

Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
English to Latvian
+ ...
Agree Aug 22, 2004

Piekrîtu domai par latvju forumu.))Moderatoru lai izvçlas tie, kas te ilgâk apgrozâs, es esmu vçl pavisam zaïa.

Vents Villers
English to Latvian
+ ...
To propose a new powwow, you must have a verified identity :( Aug 22, 2004

[quote]Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Vent, tâ bija Tava ideja, nu iekliko kreisajâ pusç PowWowos un ierosini vienu
(man tos Brownicus ðâ vai tâ nav kur likt).

Es jau labpraat, bet naf tiesiibu to dariit...

Vents Villers
English to Latvian
+ ...
Powwow Aug 22, 2004

It seems, there are only 5 members with verified ID, living in Latvia: Jana, Valters, Philip Birzulis, rocker and Strombus Ltd. Other ones are not allowed to organize powwows...

Kristīne Biezā
Kristīne Biezā
Latvia
Estonian to Latvian
Sure Aug 22, 2004

Pilniigi piekriitu. Arii tam, ka Uldis sheit ir visaktiivaakais, tad lai nu uznjemas smago moderatora darbu)). Dazhus no tiem verificeetajiem pirmo reizi dzirdu.

Uz Vilnju gruuti aizbraukt, ja nu tepat Riigaa mees vareetu sazaskrieties?

ilbe
ilbe  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
At last! Aug 22, 2004

Paldies, Uldi, par ideju un visiem paareejiem par taas taalaakvirziibu! Jau sen proZ Latvijai par to atgaadina un beidzot kaadam tas ir apnicis. Es labpraat piedaliishos, apzinoties, ka esmu shajaa sheerraa absoluuts iesaaceejs. Ja varu kaa paliidzeet, sakiet. Un nav nemaz teikts, ka tam obligaati jaanotiek Riigaa...
Ar sveicienu visiem, Ilga

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all, Aug 22, 2004

First I would like to ask all to write in English (I myself have sinned), this is not a Latvian forum yet and the Moderator has to approve messages from non Platinium members, which may create some difficulties for him

Also that would ease task for ProZ Staff to estimate the level of support for the Latvian forum idea.

As to Pow-Wow idea- yes, I guess Jana or someone else with verified ID will have to pro
... See more
First I would like to ask all to write in English (I myself have sinned), this is not a Latvian forum yet and the Moderator has to approve messages from non Platinium members, which may create some difficulties for him

Also that would ease task for ProZ Staff to estimate the level of support for the Latvian forum idea.

As to Pow-Wow idea- yes, I guess Jana or someone else with verified ID will have to propose one, but I'd say that it should be proposed some months beforehand- at least I see this is usual practice, it gives people time to plan ahead and thus ensures higher attendance.

Best Regards,

Uldis

[Edited at 2004-08-22 16:43]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 20:01
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
It seems that the interest is there Aug 22, 2004

Three people who take the opportunity to write their first post in support is a great sign.

Good luck

Claudia

Uldis Liepkalns
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mats, Claudia and Tayfun for your support! Aug 22, 2004

Subj.

Best Regards,

Uldis

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create a Latvian forum (K)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »