shannonyu
shannonyu
United States
Local time: 06:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 12, 2001

Hi,

I just started trying to break into the translation/interpretation work field. I have a question about the Chinese word input. A friend told me that I can type in Chinse if I have office 2000. I do have office 2000, I went to tool then to language then I chose Chinese, but nothing happens. Do I need to insert the office 2000 CD to be able to download Chinese font or something?

Also, is it a normal practice that the translation agency ask you to d
... See more
Hi,

I just started trying to break into the translation/interpretation work field. I have a question about the Chinese word input. A friend told me that I can type in Chinse if I have office 2000. I do have office 2000, I went to tool then to language then I chose Chinese, but nothing happens. Do I need to insert the office 2000 CD to be able to download Chinese font or something?

Also, is it a normal practice that the translation agency ask you to do a full page of sample translation in order to put you in their file? I can understand to ask for a sample translation, but a full page???

Appreciate any input!
Collapse

shcheong
shcheong  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 21:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
Re:Chinese word input Nov 14, 2001

I think you have to check whether your copy of Office 2000 is the multilingual pack first. Besides that, I think you need to download some IME features from a certain file in the CD provided. If you have any problem, just key in \"Chinese\" in the \"help\" box on the upper right corner in MS Word 2000, it should help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese word input

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »