Thread poster: Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 21, 2011

Hi, I have this problem. When I open any Microsoft Word 2007 file I get an error message: Microsoft Visual Basic (Error 53) Archivo no encontrado (file not found). Then the file opens, but I can't use SDL Trados 2007 Translator's Workbench with it. I get another error message saying that the macro has not been found or is disabled. And I can't access the Trados toolbar. Any suggestions? Thanks! Silvina

[Edited at 2011-01-21 21:08 GMT]

Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 28, 2011

Just to close this forum. The problem was generated by Trados templates. Both Trados8.dot and Trados8.dotm were in the same folder and this caused all the problems. I erased the Trados8.dot one and solved the problem. It seems that Trados8.dot is for Word 97-2003 and Trados8.dotm is for Word 2007.

[Edited at 2011-01-28 02:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Visual Basic error 53 when opening Word files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »