Reliability of Fluency
Thread poster: Umang Dholabhai

Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 14:02
Member
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Aug 15, 2012

Recently someone from Fluency contacted me for a demo. I downloaded the program only to find that my Norton Antivirus auto-deleting it after classifying it as a threat. Has anyone experienced this?

 

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:32
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Fluency Aug 15, 2012

Hello,
I have Eset Smart Security 5 and had no such problems with Fluency.
In fact, even if I had to learn a new CAT tool, I love Fluency - and the first reason for this is that I do not have the headaches of Trados for instance i.e. the files clean up nicely and I do not fear that cleaning a file won't be done.
Also, the support team is really great and they solved every problem I had and even implemented new diacritical marks system that I need to translate into Romanian.


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Finnish to French
Wrong forum Aug 15, 2012

Umang Dholabhai wrote:
Recently someone from Fluency contacted me for a demo. I downloaded the program only to find that my Norton Antivirus auto-deleting it after classifying it as a threat. Has anyone experienced this?

There is a dedicated forum for Fluency:

http://www.proz.com/forum/fluency_support-1043.html


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Finnish to French
Diacritics for Romanian Aug 15, 2012

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:
Also, the support team is really great and they solved every problem I had and even implemented new diacritical marks system that I need to translate into Romanian.

May I ask what these diacritics are? I thought Unicode would solve all such problems.


 

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:32
German to Swedish
+ ...
Glyphs Aug 15, 2012

This may not be the issue at all here... but Unicode is one thing, the glyphs actually encoded by a given font is another.
If a font doesn't contain a glyph with a diacritical mark, the glyph can in many cases be decomposed into the base character and the diacritic. The text system needs to handle these cases intelligently (usually, but not always, this done by the OS).


 

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:32
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Unicode Aug 16, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:
Also, the support team is really great and they solved every problem I had and even implemented new diacritical marks system that I need to translate into Romanian.

May I ask what these diacritics are? I thought Unicode would solve all such problems.

I do not understand Unicode or stuff like this, all I know there are comma and cedilla ones and I need the program to display the old ones, not the new ones. This was not because of my computer or keypad...
All I know is that my problem was solved ASAP by the support staff.


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Reliability of Fluency

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search