Thread poster: Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:16
French to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2007

Hello, I had to reinstall everything on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-laptop last autumn when everything was working very slowly. Until then, I had used a wireless connection without a problem. I have an inbuilt wireless card on my pc. Along with the recovery cd, I also changed my antivirus software from Norton to F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security which has been working very well. I thought that I also installed all the necessary drivers. But just the other day, when I tried to connect to the wirel... See more
Hello, I had to reinstall everything on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-laptop last autumn when everything was working very slowly. Until then, I had used a wireless connection without a problem. I have an inbuilt wireless card on my pc. Along with the recovery cd, I also changed my antivirus software from Norton to F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security which has been working very well. I thought that I also installed all the necessary drivers. But just the other day, when I tried to connect to the wireless network for the first time after the reinstallation, I couldn't do it. I pressed the wireless button, and nothing happened, not even the small window that used to appear indicating if the wireless button was on or off, appeared on the screen anymore. I was at a public library where I know for sure exists the wireless network, but it said "no wireless networks found". It seems like the wireless card is not responding or is not recognized by the system anymore. I also disabled the firewall for a few seconds but it didn't make any difference. I don't know if this is a driver issue or something else that I have forgot to install on my pc because everything else, including ADSL-connection has been working like before. I performed a custom driver installation but I wonder if I should do a wlan update or something now. I bought this laptop in autumn 2004 and I have Windows XP. Thanks for any tips!Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wireless not responding anymore

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »