Items uneditable in 'contact' tab
Thread poster: Steven F Smith
Steven F Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:27
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
Nov 25, 2009

When I click on the 'contact' tab of my profile it includes the items TAX ID, Paypal email and preferred currency. However, when I click on the 'Edit All' button, these particular items don't appear. I've just figured out that they can be edited in the 'rates' section, but this is not obvious.

Perhaps the 'Edit All' button should be amended to 'Edit Some', or it should be made clear where the payment related items can be edited.

Steven

Direct link Reply with quote

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
All the information in your profile can be edited from the profile updater. Nov 26, 2009

Dear Steven,

Thanks for your feedback. Please note that the "Edit All" button leads to the contact section of your Profile Updater where you can edit your contact information. By clicking on the financial section of your profile updater you can edit the rest of the information related rates, currency, etc.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards,

Romina

Steven F Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:27
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still poorly presented Nov 26, 2009

I still think the way the information is presented is unhelpful. The 'edit all' button is within the 'contact' tab and this leads one to believe that clicking on it will immediately allow you to edit all the items listed in the tab. When you click on it, it takes you to 'profile contact information' where you can indeed directly edit all the items in the contact tab except the payment-related ones I mentioned. If you don't happen to know that these particular items have to be edited in a different section then it is easy to assume - as I did at first - that there's a bug in the software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Items uneditable in 'contact' tab

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search