Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:36
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 24, 2010

Hi,

For the last 2 days (!) I have tried to instal Wordpress on my ProZ hosting site. I followed the guide provided by Wordpress and I'm at the last step: runnning the install script. But maybe I'm doing something wrong at step 4 with uploading the files.
I use Cyberduck to upload the files to the host, but as far as I can see it puts the files where it wants to put them. I do not need to fill in directories. Is that correct? How can I find out where they are?

Assuming I uploaded the files correctly, it then says to 'point your browser to run the installation script'.
As I'm not sure where the files are, I do not know where to point. I have tried just about every combination, but no luck.
Please help!!

Laura

U. Ali Güra (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:36
English to German
+ ...
Similar problem Jul 13, 2012

Hi Laura,

I just tried to install wordpress on my proz hosting account. I did everything according to the wp guidelines, but when I try to run the install script, I just get an error message. Did you figure out what the problem was in your case?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Wordpress on ProZ hosting

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search