Technical difficulty awarding KudoZ points
Thread poster: Thomas Ochiltree
Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2007

I recently posted a question (German to English on the term "messing") and received two helpful answers. However, I cannot award KudoZ points because where the answer box ashould be is a big fat ad. There simply is no box for selecting a preferred answer or awarding points. Meanwhile I get computer generated messages asking me to pick the preferred answer, and the answerers doubtless regard me as a selfish jerk. This needs to be fixed.

[Edited at 2007-02-10 04:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:55
English to German
+ ...
Hi Thomas Feb 10, 2007

I had a similar problem a while ago - the buttons were missing to grade the answer. I submitted a support ticket and the nice support staff had fixed it in an instant.

Best,

Nicole

Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sincere thanks but we need a fix Feb 10, 2007

Thanks for the tip but I hope the support staff can fix this problem soon so that the answer box automatically appears when one clicks on "grade this question". I would be interested to know what you mean by a "support ticket" -- I would gladly file one in this case. As someone who finds the KudoZ answering service wonderful not just in terms of its terrrific usefulness but as a kind of expression of solidarity among us translators, I really feel uncomfortable every time I get one of those "you haven't replied yet" reminders relating to a helpful set of answers to which I haven't been able to post my appreciation. Regards Tom

[Edited at 2007-02-10 06:31]

[Edited at 2007-02-10 06:33]

[Edited at 2007-02-10 06:34]

[Edited at 2007-02-10 06:35]

[Edited at 2007-02-10 06:36]

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:55
English to German
+ ...
Hello again Feb 10, 2007

In the menu bar to the very right you will find "Support". Click on this one and a window will open "Need help?". Simply type in: "Can't close KudoZ question" or similar and answer any additional question that you might be asked. A staff member will get back to you in no time.

I know, it's embarrassing to be reminded over and over but this seems to be a bug on the site and it's not your fault.

Best,

Nicole

PS. Until this bug is fixed you can also click on "Add Note" and say thanks in advance to all the colleagues who helped you.

[Edited at 2007-02-10 07:14]

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:55
Dutch to English
+ ...
Ads Feb 10, 2007

I saw a thread the other day about ads being displayed - is it anything to do with this perhaps?

http://www.proz.com/topic/65428

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Thomas Feb 11, 2007

The problem certainly needs to be fixed. Please submit a support request using the 'support' button. Thus the site staff will be aware of the problem. Discussing problems in the forums is quite useful sometimes but not in the cases when technical support of the site programmers is needed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Technical difficulty awarding KudoZ points

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search