Thread poster: María Fernández-Palacios

María Fernández-Palacios  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to inform that some agencies have already contact me with a scam report on my data and I wanted to report it here to let you know.

The subject of the emails is: Professional Translator and Interpreter from English, French and Portuguese into Spanish, but both the content of the email and resume are false. One of the scam adresses is: MaraFernedez@hotmail.com but I guess it will be more.

I have already reported this illegal use to police but while they are trying to fix it I thought it is better to prevent everybody.

I would be very grateful if you could spread the message as the sender is not really me.

Thank you.

Allison Wright  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:23
German to English
+ ...
Noted Oct 3, 2012

I am glad that you have reported it, and sorry it has happened.

Ruth Wöhlk  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:23
Spanish to German
+ ...
scammer Oct 6, 2012

Ok, María,
gracias por avisarnos!!
Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammers using my data, please spread

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search