Thread poster: María Fernández-Palacios

María Fernández-Palacios  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to inform that some agencies have already contact me with a scam report on my data and I wanted to report it here to let you know.

The subject of the emails is: Professional Translator and Interpreter from English, French and Portuguese into Spanish, but both the content of the email and resume are false. One of the scam adresses is: MaraFernedez@hotmail.com but I guess it will be more.

I have already reported this illegal use to police but while they are trying to fix it I thought it is better to prevent everybody.

I would be very grateful if you could spread the message as the sender is not really me.

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Allison Wright  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:37
German to English
+ ...
Noted Oct 3, 2012

I am glad that you have reported it, and sorry it has happened.

Ruth Wöhlk  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:37
Spanish to German
+ ...
scammer Oct 6, 2012

Ok, María,
gracias por avisarnos!!
Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammers using my data, please spread

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search