T Yasuda
T Yasuda
Japan
Local time: 04:49
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 14, 2009

Hi,
I have a problem with MS word saying "Error occurred in MS word" when I was closing a sentence to register in Workbench.
Now, both the source and target languages show on the MS word file like this:
"{0> This Technical Specification(TS) has been produced by XXXX.本技術仕様書は、XXX。

Celine Gras
Celine Gras  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:49
English to French
+ ...
Trados codes Aug 14, 2009

Hi T Yasuda,

The symbols are normal, they are the Trados codes, enabling you to see both source and target segments. If your MS word error cleared and you are able to translate, then everyhting is working normally. When you clean your document with the Workbench, the codes and the source segments will disappear, leaving you with a clean translated file.

Apart from the (normal) codes, did your error clear?

HTH
Céline

T Yasuda
T Yasuda
Japan
Local time: 04:49
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Celine Aug 15, 2009

I was just starting to use Trados. Sorry for the beginner's question. I could clean up the source segment and the codes. But hidden/show function does not seem to work...
Can you help?

Celine Gras
Celine Gras  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:49
English to French
+ ...
See this link Aug 17, 2009

Hi Yasuda

Sorry, it took me a while to reply.

Please see this link from the SDL Trados Proz forum, you might find it useful: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/73630-trados_word_problem:_seeing_all_trados_code_and_cant_work.html

I hope this helps!
Céline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007 and Trados 2007

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »