SDL Studio 2009: SDLXLIFF does not convert back into TTX
Thread poster: Peter Fischer
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:57
German to Spanish
so, if I understand Dec 8, 2010

If I translate a DOC in Studio? I can not send it as bilingual files to my client having 2007?

???

If I understand, you have to open the DOC first in Trados 2007 convert it to TTX and then translate it in Studio 2009 and save it back to TTX?

If that is so...

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
ttx it application Dec 8, 2010

Fernando Toledo wrote:

If I translate a DOC in Studio? I can not send it as bilingual files to my client having 2007?

That's right. The bilingual files in Studio are SDLXLIFF format, incompatible with 2007

If I understand, you have to open the DOC first in Trados 2007 convert it to TTX and then translate it in Studio 2009 and save it back to TTX?

Half right. There is now a free app available here:
http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/partners/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=1
that saves you opening workbench and doing all those steps. It quickly converts your doc into a ttx, which you can then open in Studio, translate, and save as a bilingual ttx and/or as a clean word doc. It's really very simple. I do this at least once a day!

You have to have Studio 2009 and Trados 2007 installed on your pc for the ttxit app to work.

[Edited at 2010-12-08 14:25 GMT]

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
I would like to know Dec 8, 2010

Why can not all CATs works direct with TMX and save all the bilingual files in XML?

Business, Business ;-(

[Edited at 2010-12-08 16:01 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2009: SDLXLIFF does not convert back into TTX

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »