Trados Studio 2009 Trial version
Thread poster: Barbara Canton

Barbara Canton  Identity Verified

Local time: 00:22
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2010

Hello!

I downloaded the trial version of Trados Studio 2009 today and when I tried to open the programme, it told me that the trial period had expired. Could the problem be the Trados 2007 demo version installed on my computer?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 01:22
French to German
+ ...
Did you install Studio 2009 on this PC before? Jul 28, 2010

When you install SDL Trados Studio for the first time on a PC, it will run as a full-fledged Professional Version for a period of 30 days. After these 30 days, you need to enter an activation code or provide a license file, which then determines whether you can use it as a Starter, Freelance or Professional Version.

If Studio has already been installed once on your PC and you reinstall it, it will tell you that the trial period has expired (to avoid that you can keep reinstalling the SW for trial!).

Which file did you download and use for the installation? It should be named 'SDLTradosStudio2009SP2_1264.exe'. There is no special demo installation file anymore, but only one installation file for all versions of the product. It is the license that determines which features you are allowed to use.

Walter

Barbara Canton  Identity Verified

Local time: 00:22
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL 2009 not previously installed Jul 30, 2010

Hi Walter,

many thanks for your reply. I didn't install SDL 2009 on the PC before. I have Trados and Multiterm 2007 installed, but that should not interfer with the new version.
The file is indeed called SDLTradosStudio2009SP2_1264.exe; however, it came as a zip folder named SDLTradosStudioDemoENDE, which seems rather strange to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 Trial version

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search