Thread poster: Barbara Canton
Barbara Canton
Barbara Canton  Identity Verified

Local time: 07:55
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2010

Hello!

I downloaded the trial version of Trados Studio 2009 today and when I tried to open the programme, it told me that the trial period had expired. Could the problem be the Trados 2007 demo version installed on my computer?

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:55
French to German
+ ...
Did you install Studio 2009 on this PC before? Jul 28, 2010

When you install SDL Trados Studio for the first time on a PC, it will run as a full-fledged Professional Version for a period of 30 days. After these 30 days, you need to enter an activation code or provide a license file, which then determines whether you can use it as a Starter, Freelance or Professional Version.

If Studio has already been installed once on your PC and you reinstall it, it will tell you that the trial period has expired (to avoid that you can keep reinstalling t
... See more
When you install SDL Trados Studio for the first time on a PC, it will run as a full-fledged Professional Version for a period of 30 days. After these 30 days, you need to enter an activation code or provide a license file, which then determines whether you can use it as a Starter, Freelance or Professional Version.

If Studio has already been installed once on your PC and you reinstall it, it will tell you that the trial period has expired (to avoid that you can keep reinstalling the SW for trial!).

Which file did you download and use for the installation? It should be named 'SDLTradosStudio2009SP2_1264.exe'. There is no special demo installation file anymore, but only one installation file for all versions of the product. It is the license that determines which features you are allowed to use.

Walter
Collapse

Barbara Canton
Barbara Canton  Identity Verified

Local time: 07:55
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL 2009 not previously installed Jul 30, 2010

Hi Walter,

many thanks for your reply. I didn't install SDL 2009 on the PC before. I have Trados and Multiterm 2007 installed, but that should not interfer with the new version.
The file is indeed called SDLTradosStudio2009SP2_1264.exe; however, it came as a zip folder named SDLTradosStudioDemoENDE, which seems rather strange to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 Trial version

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »