Thread poster: Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Apr 14, 2011

Folks, I was earlier today trying to load an Excel 1997-2003 file into TagEditor (Freelance 2007) and got the following error message:

Error 80005
Connection with server application error
The server threw an exception. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105
(RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

I noticed that when I first had a look at the file in Excel, Excel seemed to crash momentarily. At first I thought the xls file the client sent me was corrupted......until I did some
... See more
Folks, I was earlier today trying to load an Excel 1997-2003 file into TagEditor (Freelance 2007) and got the following error message:

Error 80005
Connection with server application error
The server threw an exception. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105
(RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

I noticed that when I first had a look at the file in Excel, Excel seemed to crash momentarily. At first I thought the xls file the client sent me was corrupted......until I did some testing by importing one of my OWN excel files into TagEdior, and got the same Error message.

The client then sent me a TTX version of the file to work on TagEditor, no problems whatsoever. So this seems to have something to do with Excel now being corrupted on my machine. The only thing I can recall doing any differently was upgrading to Explorer 9 yesterday, other than that, I haven't touched a single thing. Does that resonate with anyone?? Best...

Chris
Collapse

Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restoring machine Apr 19, 2011

I have now rectified the problem by taking the perhaps somewhat drastic and cumbersome step of restoring my machine back to factory condition.

I read an interesting techies forum thread last Friday (which I now cannot find!) about Excel 2007 crashing due to too many temp files being saved by some process or other on the machine. If I recall, the gist of the thread was that these temp files should be deleted (in MS-DOS, not in Windows) but with certain caveats and precautions.
... See more
I have now rectified the problem by taking the perhaps somewhat drastic and cumbersome step of restoring my machine back to factory condition.

I read an interesting techies forum thread last Friday (which I now cannot find!) about Excel 2007 crashing due to too many temp files being saved by some process or other on the machine. If I recall, the gist of the thread was that these temp files should be deleted (in MS-DOS, not in Windows) but with certain caveats and precautions.

I was a little edgy and didn't want to compromise the operability of my machine. It then occurred to me that a full restore might solve the problem (albeit perhaps a rather clunky workaround). It did. This was how I personally overcame the issue.....whether others who have the same problem might choose to follow suit.......is another matter. Good luck with it. Best, Chris.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 80005 in TagEditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »