What is Passolo and what does it do?
Thread poster: PapagenoX
PapagenoX
PapagenoX
Local time: 04:37
Aug 8, 2012

At my company we recently upgraded to Studio 2011 and I see that we have licenses for Passolo 2011 Essential along with our Studio 2011 licenses. What does this do? Is it the equivalent of the old WinAlign tool or something?

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:37
German to English
+ ...
Google is your friend Aug 8, 2012

You can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDL_Passolo

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:37
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Reading helps Aug 9, 2012

PapagenoX wrote:
What does this do?

You might be able to find a manual on you computer. Try to start with the Foreword.

PapagenoX
PapagenoX
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 9, 2012

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it's mostly for software localization or something--not something we need much.

Meanwhile, learning the ropes of Studio 2011 certainly is challenging. Who knew I had to "activate row" to get three important menu items under Translation to appear not-grayed-out...apparently just having the row highlighted doesn't make it "active" enough.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Enable implicit row activation" option Aug 9, 2012

PapagenoX wrote:

Who knew I had to "activate row" to get three important menu items under Translation to appear not-grayed-out...apparently just having the row highlighted doesn't make it "active" enough.

Do you have "Enable implicit row activation" checked under Tools > Options > Editor?

I've never had to manually activate a row, just placing the cursor on the target field makes it active for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is Passolo and what does it do?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »