emmanuelle groom
emmanuelle groom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:29
Member (2012)
English to French
Mar 4, 2014

When trying to open an existing document in trados 2011 I get this message:

'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. I am also unable to shut Trados down.

Thanks for your prompt advice!

Kitty Brussaard
Kitty Brussaard  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:29
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check the following help article Mar 4, 2014

http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4984#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4984

emmanuelle groom
emmanuelle groom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:29
Member (2012)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the article Mar 17, 2014

Thanks for the reference. I have tried to run a repair but am not getting anywhere.

I've been to control panel and run a repair on Trados 2011 but the symptom remains the same : when I open a document in the Editor view and move to any segment in the document, SDL Trados Studio displays the following error message:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
When I try to confirm a segment, I receive the error message:TM update failed and then I have to force Tr
... See more
Thanks for the reference. I have tried to run a repair but am not getting anywhere.

I've been to control panel and run a repair on Trados 2011 but the symptom remains the same : when I open a document in the Editor view and move to any segment in the document, SDL Trados Studio displays the following error message:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
When I try to confirm a segment, I receive the error message:TM update failed and then I have to force Trados shut down.

I would be grateful for any tips as I can't use the software at the moment.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »